Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Help-Programs not opening because files are missing-Windows 10.

Options
  • 05-01-2016 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi, I have recently started having the issue on my laptop where I get an error when I go to open a program on my desktop. For example when I tried to open the viber desktop app it said ''windows cannot find 'C:\Users\(Name)\AppData\Local\Viber\Viber.exe'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again.'' I replaced my HDD with a SSD a few months ago and I don't remember having this problem with the HDD. When I plug in my old HDD I can open the programs with no bother, so I suspect that there is something on my SSD that is not on my old HDD that is causing this. How can I get these programs fixed. I am running on Windows 10. Also I have a problem that AVG PC TuneUp won't uninstall, when I go into programs and features and click uninstall I do everything it says to uninstall and then the browser opens to say I have successfully uninstalled AVG PC TuneUp but it doesn't disappear from the programs and features list. Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Use the AVG removal tool to get rid of AVG completely. It's possible a viber update has broken it, have you tried reinstalling it? Are other applications showing a similar error pointing to the User/appdata folder? Did you rename the users/<yourname> folder at any point?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

yoyo wrote: »
    Use the AVG removal tool to get rid of AVG completely. It's possible a viber update has broken it, have you tried reinstalling it? Are other applications showing a similar error pointing to the User/appdata folder? Did you rename the users/<yourname> folder at any point?

Nick

Hi, thanks for the reply. Could you give me a link to the AVG PC TuneUp removal tool because I don't know am I supposed to be downloading an unofficial program or what. Can you uninstall the removal tool when your finished with it? Actually I think you are write about viber, I did do an update and it stopped working after that, so I will reinstall it. Another app that had the same problem was Apache Open Office.

SW98 wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for the reply. Could you give me a link to the AVG PC TuneUp removal tool because I don't know am I supposed to be downloading an unofficial program or what. Can you uninstall the removal tool when your finished with it? Actually I think you are write about viber, I did do an update and it stopped working after that, so I will reinstall it. Another app that had the same problem was Apache Open Office.

The AVG removal tool above will do all products I would imagine. If OpenOffice is still being a problem I'd suggest LibreOffice instead, its a more up to date version of openoffice and of course free :)

Nick

The AVG removal tool above will do all products I would imagine. If OpenOffice is still being a problem I'd suggest LibreOffice instead, its a more up to date version of openoffice and of course free :)

Nick

Oh yeah sorry, I done it and don't know if it removed it or not because AVG Anti-Virus and AVG PC TuneUp are still in the programs and features list. Thanks for that.

Oh yeah sorry, I done it and don't know if it removed it or not because AVG Anti-Virus and AVG PC TuneUp are still in the programs and features list. Thanks for that.

The removal tool should have cleaned up the programmes & features links too, so that is odd. I found on Google another removal tool link, try here (about half way down the page is a download link to the removal tool) and see how it goes!

Nick

• Advertisement

The removal tool should have cleaned up the programmes & features links too, so that is odd. I found on Google another removal tool link, try here (about half way down the page is a download link to the removal tool) and see how it goes!

Nick

Yeah that done it thanks. Now how to get rid of the removal tool, do I just delete it from my downloads folder or what?

Yeah that done it thanks. Now how to get rid of the removal tool, do I just delete it from my downloads folder or what?

Yep, it won't have installed anything! :)

Nick

Yep, it won't have installed anything! :)

Nick

OK thanks, another thing is that my PC just randomly freezes every so often and the only thing I can do is remove the batter. This sometimes happens straight after I reboot after it happening and is very annoying. I have just installed the latest drivers from intel so hopefully this will cure the problem. Any other ideas of what may cause this, thanks.

Advertisement