Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Happy Back To Normal!

• 05-01-2016 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭

The decorations are back in the attic, the Christmas jumpers are in the press, the kids are almost back to school, the once a year idiots are back in bed at this time of a Monday. I'm back pished of a Monday, in the pub with the dart men and the farmers!

It's great to get back to the old routine, don't you agree?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

That ad made me squirm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Are the 'dart men' the men who give you a 'dart'?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Yeah happy to be back into a routine, xmas week started to drag a bit for me towards the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Back to work myself on Wednesday. Tonight is my first night to not have a drink if some sort since mid December.

Thank Jebus it's over now.

• Advertisement

Yes! I have put my Grinch away for another year. I can now enjoy quiet pints in old man pubs that aren't over run by Christmas jumper wearing eejits who have no business in such establishments. Parking spaces have appeared again. Queues have disappeared.
    Equilibrium has been restored and I can have my toasted ham and cheese in my favourite little spot in peace :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

kfallon wrote: »
    Are the 'dart men' the men who give you a 'dart'?

The practicers .Is that a word? Haven't a clue.

The practicers .Is that a word? Haven't a clue.

I think he may be attempting some odd innuendo :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm not back to work till Friday, however I've to write a thesis between now and then :(

Stheno wrote: »
    I'm not back to work till Friday, however I've to write a thesis between now and then :(

That was me this time last year. It was torture. Do you have to write the whole thing before Friday?

• Advertisement

If it's about beer or turf I could help? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Flipping delighted it's over. Seriously thinking about going abroad for next xmas. This xmas was the first Irish one on 5 years and I'd forgotten how mental people get.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

That was me this time last year. It was torture. Do you have to write the whole thing before Friday?

NO have to get chapter one, research methods, and all academic research done by Sunday, it's due by the 22nd.

For the main body, I've about 5000 of the 10000 words sorted :) Just need to write.
    If it's about beer or turf I could help? :)

Ah pfft, you drink ****e beer. Feck off with your ****e beer help\

NO have to get chapter one, research methods, and all academic research done by Sunday, it's due by the 22nd.

For the main body, I've about 5000 of the 10000 words sorted :) Just need to write.

I have great turf though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Considering I had 3 days off over the whole Christmas period (Christmas day being one of those) the holidays I am taking will be very welcome

Gulp. No life for you until the 22nd :pac:
    When it's all finished and bound you will feel like you can fly :)

Gulp. No life for you until the 22nd :pac:
    When it's all finished and bound you will feel like you can fly :)

None no.

Can't imagine being finished and FREE!

I lecture in what I am writing so that makes it a lot easier than a regular student, but is also a hindrance

Might get an extension to the 29th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

10000 words? That's not a thesis. That's a long essay. Sure, Holly Carpenter would knock that out over a long weekend.

endacl wrote: »
    10000 words? That's not a thesis. That's a long essay. Sure, Holly Carpenter would knock that out over a long weekend.

I've another 5000 words already done :)

None no.

Can't imagine being finished and FREE!

I lecture in what I am writing so that makes it a lot easier than a regular student, but is also a hindrance

Might get an extension to the 29th

Oh I can imagine the pressure you put yourself under. A friend of mine is at the very early stages of a PhD. He is climbing the walls!
    The best of luck with it Steno :)

• Advertisement

Oh I can imagine the pressure you put yourself under. A friend of mine is at the very early stages of a PhD. He is climbing the walls!
    The best of luck with it Steno :)

Thank you. I just need to knuckle down and do the writing and finish the research :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Planned on leaving the tree up for a few more days, but was tidying up today and couldn't just ignore the elephant in the room.

I love Xmas and especially Xmas trees (I'm like a 34yo Kevin McCallister) but enough was enough.

I must admit it was nice to get back to normal.

'Jingle Bells' is still stuck in my head though...

KungPao wrote: »
    Planned on leaving the tree up for a few more days, but was tidying up today and couldn't just ignore the elephant in the room.

I love Xmas and especially Xmas trees (I'm like a 34yo Kevin McCallister) but enough was enough.

I must admit it was nice to get back to normal.

'Jingle Bells' is still stuck in my head though...

Just feck it out through the window and be done with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'll miss the "what day of the week is it" bantz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My parents are very traditional and they took my brother coming out very well. Didn't really care at all. If any of us told my mother that we took down the decorations before the 6th of January she'd neaely disown us.

PARlance wrote: »
    I'll miss the "what day of the week is it" bantz.
    And the "See you next year" hijinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

KungPao wrote: »
    And the "See you next year" hijinks.

Ah Jaysus... That's so last year.

I'll miss all the people who don't write anymore posting sh1te on Fbook about how they're going to be signing 2015 for the next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Happy days! Pubs will go back to normal, no long queues, kids locked up most of the day! We were just closed Christmas Day at work . It was also the worst one/ year I've had (so far)

HAPPY JANUARY !!!

ArtyC wrote: »
    Happy days! Pubs will go back to normal, no long queues, kids locked up most of the day! We were just closed Christmas Day at work . It was also the worst one/ year I've had (so far)

HAPPY JANUARY !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭sdanseo

The decorations are back in the attic, the Christmas jumpers are in the press, the kids are almost back to school, the once a year idiots are back in bed at this time of a Monday. I'm back pished of a Monday, in the pub with the dart men and the farmers!

It's great to get back to the old routine, don't you agree?

Our tree is still up until the 6th, Mr. Grinch. Only 355 days until Christmas!

we just havent got around to taking it down yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Decorations allways come down day after Women's Little Christmas to be technically correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

sugarman wrote: »
    Sleep pattern is still all over the place, up in 3.5hrs and I'm wide awake.

yep, going to be that way for a couple of days I suspect...

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Decorations allways come down day after Women's Little Christmas to be technically correct.
    Never heard of it, tbh.

Advertisement