Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esb meter

Options
  • 05-01-2016 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I have been getting damp inside my bedroom and I realised that it was coming from the gap behind my ESB meter box. I informed the ESB who have now told me I need a registered electrician to see if they can realign the box correctly because when the builder fixed the box he has not secured it well enough therefore there is water getting in behind the box. Electricians are saying it is the builders fault and the ESB are saying they cant do anything.
    the house is 18 years old so it would be difficult to find teh builder. Is there any way a builder could seal the back of the box. Not really sure where to go to resolve this problem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,471 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Strange one: damp, bedroom, esb meter.

Do u own the house or are you renting.?
    what construction is the wall?
    Is bedroom in the room behind the meter
    Did any builder or electrician not suggest sealing around the box?
    Is lid of box well fitting?
    is water running down wall and being blown in behind the meter?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 juru

Thank you for your response. I own the house and the box was not sealed and there is now a cap of approx 1 and a half inches and that is where the water is getting into and then into the cavity in the wall. My problem is that nobody will take responsibility. I have asked a builder friend ti have a look tommorow so maybe he can help

Advertisement