Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trim AC Bewley's 10 Mile Road Race 2016

Options
  • 05-01-2016 9:48am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

responsive_poster.jpg

When: Sunday 7th February 2016
    Time: 12:00
    Entry Closing Date: 5th February 2016 - 23:59
    Distance: 10 Mile
    Where: Trim, Co Meath

Start your 2016 running year on the front foot with the Bewley’s 10 in Trim, County Meath.

The route takes runners on quiet roads starting and finishing in Trim with water stations at 4 and 7 miles and a Bewley’s goody bag at the finish. This is the same route as 2015’s race.

Enter before Sunday 31st January 2016 to receive race branded technical running socks.

Join us afterwards for category, age group and teams prize giving and food at race HQ at St Patrick’s Hall on Loman Street close to the start line.

We look forward to welcoming you on February 7th. See www.trimac.ie for further race details. Online entry is available here. Course map is available here.

I'll keep this thread updated with any more information as I get it. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Doing this, looking forward to it. First build up race to Rotterdam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Is this a hilly course or fairly flat lads?

It'd give me something to aim for.

I'm comfortable at 10k or so as it stands so between now and race day I could probably push myself to be able for a 10mile/16k or so if it's not rediculously hilly.

Also what's the turnout like normally? Big crowd?

Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Is this a hilly course or fairly flat lads?

It'd give me something to aim for.

I'm comfortable at 10k or so as it stands so between now and race day I could probably push myself to be able for a 10mile/16k or so if it's not rediculously hilly.

Also what's the turnout like normally? Big crowd?

Thanks

Mainly flat, couple of small hills but nothing major. Quite a fast course overall. The course map has an elevation profile on it also.

Last year was the first time this event was run, there were close to 800 participants as far as I remember.

See here for a race report from last year from Aero2k.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Mainly flat, couple of small hills but nothing major. Quite a fast course overall. The course map has an elevation profile on it also.

Last year was the first time this event was run, there were close to 800 participants as far as I remember.

See here for a race report from last year from Aero2k.

Thanks a mil for that. I think I'll go for it. Looks good overall and it's moving toward the half marathon distance which I'm aiming for by half year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I also ran this race last year. Would highly recommend it.

• Advertisement

Just signed up to this. Looking forward to it now. Cheers for the feedback lads.

Best place to park on the day anyone? I've only ever really parked around trim castle there but I assume it'll be mobbed.

Just signed up to this. Looking forward to it now. Cheers for the feedback lads.

Best place to park on the day anyone? I've only ever really parked around trim castle there but I assume it'll be mobbed.

Around Trim Castle is fine, jog to the start as your warm up, only half mile or so.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

This seems like good timing for me so gunna look at this one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

tang1 wrote: »
    Around Trim Castle is fine, jog to the start as your warm up, only half mile or so.

...or there's a car park here not far from the start. Plenty of parking in and around Trim, and Sunday is free parking.

Some info on the Running in Ireland blog regarding the Trim 10 miler:
    http://runninginireland.blogspot.ie/2016/01/trim-10-mile.html

Also a couple of free entries up for grabs if anyone is interested:
    https://www.facebook.com/trimathleticclub/posts/992354540802865

Not long now folks! Hope the training is going well!

• Advertisement

Some info on the Running in Ireland blog regarding the Trim 10 miler:
    http://runninginireland.blogspot.ie/2016/01/trim-10-mile.html

Also a couple of free entries up for grabs if anyone is interested:
    https://www.facebook.com/trimathleticclub/posts/992354540802865

Not long now folks! Hope the training is going well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Hi ,

Does this race have pacers ? I saw something on last years race report with regard to a 60 min pacer?? Not that that's the one I would be looking for!!

Thanks
    Bluesquare

The ad they have says there are pacers.

Bluesquare wrote: »
    Hi ,

Does this race have pacers ? I saw something on last years race report with regard to a 60 min pacer?? Not that that's the one I would be looking for!!

Thanks
    Bluesquare

Hi, yes there will be pacers for 60, 70, 80 and 90 mins on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Tempted now....

Some details regarding registration and number collection etc..
    The Trim AC Bewley's 10 mile road race will take place on Sunday 7th February 2016 and is now open for entry. Race starts at 12 noon.

Race will be on the same course as 2015 on fast flat quiet roads starting and finishing in Trim and there will be pacers for 60, 70, 80 and 90 minutes. See link below for race route:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/955529727

Cash prizes for first five in mens and womens race along with age group prizes and team prizes for first three mens and womens teams.

Online race entry is €20 (plus €1.40 booking fee) with an option to have race number and race socks sent to you the week of the race for €2. On the weekend entry will be €25.

Race registration will be open on Saturday 6th February from 4pm to 7pm in St Patrick's diocesan hall on Loman Street in Trim for entry or to collect race number and socks if you did not select to have them delivered to you. Registration open from 9.30am on the Sunday morning of race day.

There will be a bag drop at the finish line which is 200 meters from the start. Whilst we will have marshalls in the area, Trim AC will not be liable for any loss, theft or damage to articles left in this area. Bags to be collected after you finish - they will not be transported back to the hall.

There is free parking available in Trim on Sunday's and we will have marshalls around the town to help you get parked and to give directions.

Please join us after the race in St Patrick's hall for food, drinks and prize giving.

http://www.trimac.ie/sports

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lenny palmer

Doing this as it's one of my local races. First time racing this distance as my longest is a 10k. Going by McMillan I'm going to be 1:13:xx so right in the middle of the pacers, I don't think I could go the distance with the 70 min ones, just a little fast for me.

Doing this as it's one of my local races. First time racing this distance as my longest is a 10k. Going by McMillan I'm going to be 1:13:xx so right in the middle of the pacers, I don't think I could go the distance with the 70 min ones, just a little fast for me.

If you have never run the distance before, and your longest is 10k, my own personal opinion would be to go out with the 80 min pacer and see how you feel at 5 miles.

Macmillan is dodgy esp if you've not run the distance before, it's a very very rough guide to what you could aim for but takes nothing into account other than a past race time.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lenny palmer

PauloMN wrote: »
    If you have never run the distance before, and your longest is 10k, my own personal opinion would be to go out with the 80 min pacer and see how you feel at 5 miles.

Macmillan is dodgy esp if you've not run the distance before, it's a very very rough guide to what you could aim for but takes nothing into account other than a past race time.

I've run further. I'm in a HM plan at the moment and up to 18k, I've also been running constantly over the winter months. Last year I ran a HM as part of a training plan. The furthest I've raced is only a 10k. I should have explained myself a bit better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭MKDTH

Really looking forward to this and I'm driving 340 miles over from England for this, followed by a few days in Dublin.

An easy PB to beat makes this race very relaxing :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭MKDTH

Really looking forward to this and I'm driving 340 miles over from England for this, followed by a few days in Dublin.

An easy PB to beat makes this race very relaxing :)

Who is providing the chip timing for this? Are the water stops bottles or cups?

tang1 wrote: »
    Who is providing the chip timing for this? Are the water stops bottles or cups?

Will try to find this out for you.

Chip timing is Sports Timing.

Cups for the water on the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 meathrunner

Very well organised race & a great flat course, ideal training for a Spring half marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Doing half marathon 6 days after this. Any thoughts if cutting it a bit tight doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

chris85 wrote: »
    Doing half marathon 6 days after this. Any thoughts if cutting it a bit tight doing this?

If you intend racing both then your HM effort will suffer

What's parking like? Plenty of space to park?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

There is plenty of parking around the town and it's free on Sunday. Be aware that race HQ where you pick up your number and post race refreshments is about 1/2 mile away from the start line. According to Trim AC there will be marshals showing you where to park which is a nice touch. Looking forward to this, ran it last year its a nice "fair" course.

• Advertisement

Anybody up for putting a prediction table up? I'll put my neck on the line first:

tang1 67.30.

Advertisement