Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chargeback on O2+3 Prepaid Card

Options
  • 05-01-2016 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

My mother orders sleeping tablets online. She has ordered them for a couple of years from the same company. Now she has two issues so Ill try seperate them to make it easier. The first order is with an O2 money card and the second one is with the 3 money card.

1) The first order she has problem with is that the parcel package came but it was never sealed. You know those plastic parcel bag things you get in the post office where you put the item in and then pull of the strip and stick the sticky part to the bag to seal. That was never pulled off and sealed.

So she got the empty parcel bag and a letter from royal mail saying that there was nothing inside and the package wasnt sealed properly. So she emailed the tablet company stating this and they replied saying dont know what you mean etc. She didnt give much detail. Shes older and not very good with the internet and emails etc.

So she made a second order thinking that the company would refund or resend the original one so she wouldnt have to wait for it to be sorted it. In the mean time they replied once or twice saying no you must be mistaken etc. Week ago I sent them a proper email explaining what happened with pics of the royal mail letter and the empty parcel bag with sticky tape attached.

2) The second order she placed was with a three money card that she got. She got an email when placing order (off company) saying the order card didnt work and the order didnt go through. So she rang 3 the next day and they said the company tried twice to take the money (didnt work) and then a different company name tried and successfully took the money. The company she purchases the tablets off said we didnt take the money etc.

Since then the company has stopped replying to emails.

I told her ring 3 and request a charge back and they said this isnt possible. Rang mastercard and they said they cant do it. Its up to the merchant I think and something about law enforcement.

Can a charge back be done here? She made bulk orders of 5 packets as its cheaper so shes out 250 quid x 2.

Any advice is appreciated. If I didnt explain properly just let me know and ill add detail

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

You could try the card provider: Prepaid Financial Services Ltd., 4th Floor, 36 Carnaby Street, London, W1F 7DR.

Also any chargeback is subject to the T&Cs (see Para 16.9) so whether you get one or not depends on the T&Cs.

http://www.three.ie/money/uploads/3Money_Card_-_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

slimjimmc wrote: »
    You could try the card provider: Prepaid Financial Services Ltd., 4th Floor, 36 Carnaby Street, London, W1F 7DR.

Also any chargeback is subject to the T&Cs (see Para 16.9) so whether you get one or not depends on the T&Cs.

http://www.three.ie/money/uploads/3Money_Card_-_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf

Thanks Slim. Ill give the Prepaid people a bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,995 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Are they not both prepay cards and like with a CC if you pay when in credit you can't get a charge back?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

Del2005 wrote: »
    Are they not both prepay cards and like with a CC if you pay when in credit you can't get a charge back?

They are prepay but afaik Visa allow you to do chargebacks regardless if its a debit card or prepaid. As long as it has the logo.

These are mastercard I think so not sure. Emailed these people slim suggested but no reply yet.

Advertisement