Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodies Pouladuff Rd - closed!

Options
  • 05-01-2016 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

Happened yesterday I believe. I understand that the staff there will be re-located to other stores, so no hopefully no job losses.

I suppose that this was inevitable - there's a much larger Woodies on the Kinsale Rd.

It'd be great if the old store was occupied by someone else - more jobs, and it's a shame to see a premises lie idle and deteriorate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I cant even place the Poulduff one, I was thinking the Kinsale road one, which I can see why they would close

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

I'm not surprised, I was in it recently and the staff outnumbered the customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Milly33 wrote: »
    I cant even place the Poulduff one, I was thinking the Kinsale road one, which I can see why they would close

It's the old Atlantic Homecare shop - nr. the Maxol and closer to Barrack St.

I was in both over Xmas and although the Pouladuff Rd one was quiet, the Kinsale Rd one was relatively quiet also.

B&Q seems to be busy all the time - or am I mistaken?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

I was only in here over Christmas.

Not much doing inside but saying that there were two people on the tills and there was a queue for both. It seemed well stocked with goods, lot less cluttered than before.

In fact, both places were the same. Kinsale Road is great with the refurb, no clutter, better design and seems to be a lot less 'tack' Very much on the same lines of a B&Q rather than a Homebase.

Hope the staff in Pouladuff can get transferred to Kinsale Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

calnand wrote: »
    I'm not surprised, I was in it recently and the staff outnumbered the customers.

Yeah, been on the cards for a long time. Very few customers for the size of the place and the number of staff. Pity, from my point of view, because it was very handy for me and I knew where everything was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 maryj

Its a shame. At least you could get a bit of customer service there. Service in the Kinsale rd is shocking. Grumpy manager and you can see it feeds down to the staff. There used to be a nice assistant manager there but haven't seen him lately. It went downhill since he left

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I'm not surprised TBH - I'm regularly in there and it's been festering for years. In particular, the number of items with missing / wrong shelf price labels beggared belief. Decent staff though; hopefully they'll be redeployed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

was very handy for me. Might be an opportunity for builders providers or something. More than likely will end up apartments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭kooga

was very handy for me. Might be an opportunity for builders providers or something. More than likely will end up apartments.

+ 1 on that was in a few times over Christmas getting light bulbs etc. found it very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Shame, was always handy to pop in to and I was going in there the last 20 odd years, hopefully it will be taken over..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Seem to be clearing it out at the moment,was handy alright no problem with parking unlike blackpool!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Never a problem parking at the Kinsale Road one either in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

To Let sign gone up there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

I have to say I'm not surprised. They couldn't sustain two Woodies stores so close to one another.

Advertisement