Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house, finishing with two accounts

Options
  • 05-01-2016 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I rang EI 3 times and still there is a problem with my account(s).
    Long story short.Moved online(when still in old house) my account to another address-no BB at that time so couldn't  check if everything was ok as only got txt message.
    So in my stupidity i rang EI customer service line(saturday, late afternoon)-person over the phone ask my did i get email confirming that my account was moved to new address as he couldn't see any movement - i couldn't check so said i don't know as person from whom i was buying house was in rush to do everything asap. So after my replay he said that he will move me to new address and he did and all should be fine from this time.In the meantime got bb sorted and logged in to my online panel and to my surprise i had two accounts - one with old and one with new address. Rang EI again(another 30min on the phone) and I shoud be sorted and not to bother with new account-I said ok so time to get my discount.Rang EI third time(another 30min on the phone) trying to apply discount to my old account with new address-all done but online it shows ValueSaver on my "new account". Can anyone help me with this and said will I get my discount (next bill at 25th)and will I have old account or new account(if new then discount is(or it looks like) applied to it).
    The second thing is that after ringing EI and moving again over the phone I lost my €30 discount for switching as I did that over the phone-could i get it back as well..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi loki7777,

Thanks for your message.

In order for us to look into your queries could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name as it appears on your account
    • Your Electric Ireland account number (new and old if you have both)
    • The first line of your new address
    • Your contact number or date of birth as they appear on your Electric Ireland account
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    We can then advise you as to which accounts are open, or closed, in your name, as well as what prices plan you are currently availing off.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Hi Brige
    PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi loki7777,

We have received your private message. It has been entered into our queue and we will look into it as soon as we can.

Should you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement