Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suunto Ambit3 peak pair with Windows phone?

Options
  • 05-01-2016 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I m about to receive an Ambit3 peak.. in the meantime my phone is about to go and will need to get a replacement.
    I'm not mad into phone so, would avoid iPhone and Samsung 6.. Would the watch work with a Windows Lumia 640?
    I ve never owned an "expensive" training watch, this is my first time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

I have a Suunto Ambit 2R, so it doesn't pair with a phone.
    As far as I know, there's only Apple & Android phone software (though I could be wrong).

You could check on dcrainmaker review site to see if anyone has asked a similar question, also try finding suunto on Facebook or twitter and ask the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

thanks spurscormac,

so you can (or I) only download all info on my PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Looks like it turniton the suunto app page only has links to Apple's App Store & Google Play, so looks like Windows phones aren't supported.

I get by fine without the app/phone connection, but if I was getting the Ambit3 and also a new phone, I'd make sure I got a phone that could connect to it.
    It doesn't have to be Apple or Samsung, as long as its an Android phone you should be able to connect - though I guess check the software version on the phone and the app requirements..

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

thanks again,

I do have an Asus/Google Nexus7 tablet which runs Android, so I believe I can use that 1 to download all watch infos
    (sorry about all these stupid questions but as I said, it is my first time to use that kinda watch)
    I m running 50 km a week and I wonna monitor performances and make improvement over 12 months

Advertisement