Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Live Music Tonight (Tuesday)

Options
  • 05-01-2016 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭

I'm taking my American cousin out for dinner tonight and want to get him a decent pint and a trad session before he flies home.

We're eating on George's Street. Tonight is Ukulele night in the Stag's Head which isn't very traditional, so I've ruled that out.

I'm thinking we'll head to either O'Donoghue's on Merrion Row or The Brazen Head. Is there anywhere closer or better that I have missed?

Thank you boardsies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

There's a good guide to trad sessions - complete with a daily breakdown - here on Publin:

http://publin.ie/2015/the-best-trad-sessions-in-dublin-city-and-complete-listings/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

For authenticity and quality of the music it would be hard to beat the Cobblestone at the northern end of Smithfield square, and they have sessions every evening starting from 19:30 and going on until closing time if I remember correctly. It's a bit of a walk from town, but just hop on the Luas and you'll be there in no time. If you want to hear the tunes properly get there on the early side as it can get surprisingly jammed even mid-week, and unless you're near the corner inside the front door you won't hear the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Thanks folks, we went to Kearney's for the 8pm session but it wasn't going to start until 9 so we took a wander up to O'Donoghue's via the Dawson Lounge.

The cousin got to see a decent live session and drink in a couple of landmark pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

hardCopy wrote: »
    Thanks folks, we went to Kearney's for the 8pm session but it wasn't going to start until 9 so we took a wander up to O'Donoghue's via the Dawson Lounge.

The cousin got to see a decent live session and drink in a couple of landmark pubs.

Sounds like a good night!
    As long as Temple Bar was avoided :D

Advertisement