Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unfair claim settlement after minor accident

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

There is here too, as well as a total lack of understanding it seems.

€20K per body is though?

I don't know, no one ever offered me €20k for my body...
    As for the catalog, yes there is, but every payout should have a zero removed at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Eltoten

Oh, I got a good one:

That is a cool €31300 payout, not bad for "no recorded property damage".
    This has all the hallmarks, yet a fat, juicy payout.
    Anyone wanna tell me that the innocent victims of this tragic accident will have to live with their injuries and trauma for the rest of their lives and the money paid out to them pales in comparison to the devastation and suffering endured by these poor, brave souls? No? Thought not.

And YES! Payouts should be limited!
    Slash whiplash from €20k to €5k and make sure some serious medical proof is required. Actually, I am too nice. Compensation awards in ireland should have a 0 lobbed off the end and they would still be in the European average.

If you love these, you're going to love this: google: whiplash claims help. I can't post the link because I'm a new user but you'll find a link to a website of that name by for solicitors that advertise with these kinds of cases. It's simple appeal to greed and it is what drives this whole comp business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Eltoten wrote: »
    Firstly, I have not withdrawn my co-operatipon. So don't put words into my mouth.
    Secondly, thank you, for giving me the answer I was looking for. It seems I am legally obliged to assist.

Firstly, in your opening post you said "The insurer's solicitor is frequently contacting us regarding the other claim but as of now, I have no desire to comply anymore." , so you did say you were to withdraw your cooperation

Secondly, I never said you were legally obliged to assist, you are contractually obliged to assist

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Eltoten

Firstly, in your opening post you said "The insurer's solicitor is frequently contacting us regarding the other claim but as of now, I have no desire to comply anymore." , so you did say you were to withdraw your cooperation

Secondly, I never said you were legally obliged to assist, you are contractually obliged to assist

I also wrote: "Would there be any repercussions for me if I stop corresponding with my insurance company over this case?" - which clearly indicates that I was considering and no have acted yet.

In short, I have no desire but I am obliged.

Anyway, my question has been discussed at length and answered sufficiently.

Thank you all for your input. Much appreciated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Well OP, good luck with that, we would all like to see scamsters like that nailed, but we're not optimistic.
    But if you anyhow can contribute to this guy not getting any money or getting even one cent less, do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

There is here too, as well as a total lack of understanding it seems.

€20K per body is though?
    Unfortunately its much cheaper to kill someone than it is to maim them. If you're alive with injuries you have to be provided for. But if you're dead apart some limited loss of earnings for your survivors there is very little need or incentive for a big pay out.

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Your insurance company as well is kinda acting the maggot. I had an incident a while back where someone rolled into the front of my car. This person had no witnesses, I had 4 all submit statements that the third party rolled into the front of my car. I got out, took a look around the cars, no damage to either one.

I didn't call the Gardai but I informed my insurance company right away. Despite me having 4 witnesses, her having none, an assessor come out to both cars and say there was no point of impact (meaning it must have been minimal) my insurance company said I was at fault and the claim is still open.

She's claiming for severe whiplash and damages to her car which have already been deemed not related to my actual impact... So why is her claim against me still open?!

Similar thing happened to me in a garage almost 20 years ago. The gardai came out and checked that both sides had insurance, which we both had, but they never got involved as it happened on private property. Despite a witness plus the cctv from the garage pmpa found it easier to ignore same and pay the other party who was also with pmpa.

You can't win with insurance companies.

Advertisement