Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTB beginner gear and bike recommendations.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Canyon Nerve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

macadam wrote: »
    Canyon Nerve

You got the best colour, take off the orange category sticker on the top tube and double check the shock and for pressures, my front fork was slightly too soft and the back slightly too hard, but depends on weight I guess.

You could rotate the bars upward slightly to lessen the small feeling you were talking about too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

rizzodun wrote: »
    You got the best colour, take off the orange category sticker on the top tube and double check the shock and for pressures, my front fork was slightly too soft and the back slightly too hard, but depends on weight I guess.

You could rotate the bars upward slightly to lessen the small feeling you were talking about too

Pumped the shocks alright the front was very low as was the rear, I tried the bars in a few positions and this was favourable, the saddle also was moved back 15mm, I have a Reverb dropper Im thinking of putting on it. Want to get the setup right first, if its wet in the morning I may hit Cooley for a few hours and bring the Torque wrench..

macadam wrote: »
    Pumped the shocks alright the front was very low as was the rear, I tried the bars in a few positions and this was favourable, the saddle also was moved back 15mm, I have a Reverb dropper Im thinking of putting on it. Want to get the setup right first, if its wet in the morning I may hit Cooley for a few hours and bring the Torque wrench..

The backsweep looks similar to mine to be honest, mine is a medium frame, only been out twice since I got it and haven't got to really thrash it yet as the trails have been really wet, but looking forward to putting some serious distance up during the longer days shortly. For the price, a great bit of kit and plenty of scope to upgrade a really good frame too.

Not sure how rough the trails around Cooley are but where I ride it really handles the terrain well.

• Advertisement

This is where I ride, so a good video to show the type of terrain where I intend to be taking my Nerve.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Just a follow up.

Bikes built and ready for a new rider :)

Just the small matter of transferring some yoyos and should be here in a couple of weeks.

Seems they have their ordering system sorted expected shipping date was 12Apr so technically had I paid before last week it'd be here next week.

Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

takes only 3 days to ship

levitronix wrote: »
    takes only 3 days to ship

I think it takes a few days for money to clear. Possibly might squeeze in a Fri surprise so. :)

Let the fun times begin :)

20160421_193721_zps1sw4we4n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Let the fun times begin :)

20160421_193721_zps1sw4we4n.jpg

How are you getting on with the new bike?
    Everything you expected it to be?
    I see a few photos up.
    looks the job.

How are you getting on with the new bike?
    Everything you expected it to be?
    I see a few photos up.
    looks the job.

Fantastic machine. I couldn't fault it at all. Definitely more capable than myself but it gives you false sense of ability. :D

The dropper post is a nice touch I can see why lads rave over them.

I'm doing a good bit of work up North so I get out on it every chance I get. The mtb park set up up here is very good.

I'm yet to look at clubs as it's difficult to comit to any specific times/outings.

I'll definitely give a few of the competitons a go next year once I get the hang of this thing.

Did you pick up anything yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Fantastic machine. I couldn't fault it at all. Definitely more capable than myself but it gives you false sense of ability. :D

The dropper post is a nice touch I can see why lads rave over them.

I'm doing a good bit of work up North so I get out on it every chance I get. The mtb park set up up here is very good.

I'm yet to look at clubs as it's difficult to comit to any specific times/outings.

I'll definitely give a few of the competitons a go next year once I get the hang of this thing.

Did you pick up anything yourself?

Haven't got any further than paying a deposit....... :(
    The longer I'm leaving it makes me wonder about spending as much as I had forecast but no doubt when I get the machine it will be worth the wait.
    Spectral is now in stock so really not helping my indecision....

There's probably some good deals to be had on last year's models at this stage. Check out the Buy&Sell mtb ireland page on Facebook you see some cracking bargains on there.

I was in two minds about shelling out so much on a possible fun bike but even if it is seldom used it puts some smile on your face when your bombing through forests.

Those YT bikes look savage altogether.

Advertisement