Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alibaba wholesalers

Options
  • 05-01-2016 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Are these wholesalers legit ?

A bunch of them are selling PS4, galaxy tab S2 and Iphones for under $200. I get mass production is cheap but this cheap ?

Anyone have experience with this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I don't think any if their "branded" items are legit. My opinion is that all are branded copies.
    Once you accept this them you can see how come goods are cheap.

I didn't say the goods are poor as I think it's a mixture of quality goods and the quality wholesalers. The key is finding the good ones of both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Apple Samsung and Sony don't sell on alibaba.

You're either looking at knockoffs, ie a phone that looks like an iPhone but actually has completely different hardware and software, or possibly damaged or defective stock.

Beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

They are most certainly not legit. I spent a good deal of time in China and I saw everything from pretty obvious to very hard to tell apart (I'm an Electronic Engineer by profession) The Samsung phone clones are very good to the point that some use the same chassis's or seconds I think. The internals and screen's however are entirely different. iPhones, never saw a good one as that form is very hard to get right but some got very close. Batteries are usually a death trap and the charging circuits a real cause for concern.

If you are ever in Beijing I recommend a trip to Silk Street market on the 4th floor. You'll see some of the best copies in the world.

Advertisement