Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB recruitment 2016

Options
  • 05-01-2016 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi and happy new year to all,
    Has anyone applied for the electrician positions recently advertised by ESB ?
    If so do you know where the posts are for and when they hope to begin interviewing?
    Thanks in advance for any information

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

I applied for this aswel not much information other than its a 3yr contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 razor2000

Hi, i received a email saying they are still at the shortlisting stage, thats all i heared back very quiet about it aroung all the forums!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Anybody hear any more info regarding this???i haven't heard since an email in February ...

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    Anybody hear any more info regarding this???i haven't heard since an email in February ...
    NAh, I say myself their Gona take on a load of apprentices, wud be cheaper

• Advertisement

razor2000 wrote: »
    NAh, I say myself their Gona take on a load of apprentices, wud be cheaper

Yeh, or the same old story that they have to advertise but realistically it's going to be family and friends who get the jobs anyway.

I just started a new thread , wonder would any of you guys have any info or know anything about it.

http://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057599845#99779487

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Yeh, or the same old story that they have to advertise but realistically it's going to be family and friends who get the jobs anyway.

Not the case. I know plenty of lads who had sons / daughters apply for last years apprenticeship program and they didn't get in. This is another one of those urban myths surrounding ESB just like the one that says th lads on the ground are on €80k a year. Apprenticeships are open to one and all so best of luck to everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I belive its July before we will hear anything back

I received another email on May 25th saying

"Due to the large volume of applicants the process is still on going and I will come back to you with a further update in due course."

So there's still hope .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I belive its July before we will hear anything back

Just looking at when i applied for this it was back last November :pac:

@MrMac did you hear anything about the hiring process?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dubspark

Hi guys!!
    Just wondering if anyone had heard back from the esb yet?? I applied back in November and last info I got was an email a couple of months back saying they were still going through applications!!
    Thanks

I havent heard anything back yet either probably got thousands of applications and will take ages to sort.

If i hear anything i will let you know:)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

September.

minzabud wrote: »
    September.

Got the same mail at 1pm today

Thanks lads, got the same email myself today.

Got tat same email myself!! Fairly fast process anyway!!!

Any on this thread actually had an interview with the Esb in the past?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Any on this thread actually had an interview with the Esb in the past?

No,but I worked for them for 3 months back in pre resession times for my phase 7 and rumour has it these esb interviews are gonna be pretty tough!! Hopefully not because interviews for me til now have pretty much consisted of "can I see your papers?" And "when can you start?" :p

I would think they will have some sort of online assements to lower the numbers then maybe after passing that an interview afterwards and then a medical.

They seem to be struggling to clear the backlog as all emails so far have been generic.

I applied last November not holding my breath surely by this time somebody should have glanced at my CV and decided that I was a maybe or not.

Have a friend working in the ESB must enquire to him has he heard anything about the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Yeah I served up until phase 4 of my apprenticeship with them so hoping that stands to me, my feeling however is that most of the positions will be filled by people that served their full apprenticeship with them and didn't get kept on at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 redeye101

bassey wrote: »
    Yeah I served up until phase 4 of my apprenticeship with them so hoping that stands to me, my feeling however is that most of the positions will be filled by people that served their full apprenticeship with them and didn't get kept on at the time.

Not necessarily Bassey, from talking to ex-colleagues they are looking for anyone who have had the bit of experience and is qualified. The work seems to be in stations and 38 stations so nothing a good sparks can't get their head around. However, if you've the experience on overhead lines as a time served N.T. chances are you'd end up in that section - will depend on whats needed where.

Got the same email myself about September so waiting to hear...

On MrMac84's post, I've done the ESB interview (and was successful) and it is tough enough. More so on ESBN's specific safety rules but if you're not coming from a utilities background I'm sure they'd take into account that you wouldn't be familiar with same.

Hope that helps!

Hi everyone, anybody here anything yet!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Champagne Charlie

No nothing yet and we are well into September at this stage, hopefully the next few days they will be in touch

Heard through the grapevine the recruitment process was delayed due to union agreements (or disagreements) re pay scales for new staff... Anyone follow up with HR since the last email saying selection process would begin in September 2016?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Hi Just curious, regarding the number who completed part of an apprenticeship with the ESB.

What is the story, was the apprenticeship not guaranteed for the full duration.

Just curious.

During the recession ESBN took on out of work electrical apprentices for their on the job phases (5 and 7 mostly) to allow them to progress and qualify.

ESBN apprentices that start with them directly are guaranteed their whole apprenticeship with them.
    dingding wrote: »
    Hi Just curious, regarding the number who completed part of an apprenticeship with the ESB.

What is the story, was the apprenticeship not guaranteed for the full duration.

Just curious.

Anybody heard anything about this?

No never heard anything, last email I got was last July the 21th I think saying that the selection process was to begin in September.

Think I can safely say I didn't make it haha

• Advertisement

crasy dash wrote: »
    No never heard anything, last email I got was last July the 21th I think saying that the selection process was to begin in September.

Think I can safely say I didn't make it haha
    That was the last I heard also. Would have assumed tho that they'd mail to say your application won't be accepted or something... I haven't heard of any one starting with them either tho

Advertisement