Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

MrMac84 wrote: »
    That was the last I heard also. Would have assumed tho that they'd mail to say your application won't be accepted or something... I haven't heard of any one starting with them either tho

I would think they probably had a huge volume of applicants and they got bogged down highlighted people with certain criteria needed and contacted them for interviews and the rest were just left:(

Having said that i applied for a job last October heard nothing up until this month that i had made a panel and may be contacted for interview so who knows.

I know two guys in different parts of the country working with the esb and they havent seen any new bodies being hired either so perhaps there still processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Partner132

Hi,has the esb been in contact with anyone regarding the electrical positions?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Anyone any word back on this yet? Seems like no one was even called for an interview which is strange I'd think unless there were more delays perhaps

600 new staff nationwide over the next 5 years announced.

https://www.businesspost.ie/business/esb-networks-hire-600-new-staff-390395

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Berlingo07

Hey lads,has the esb got on to anyone at all about the positions?...I finds it to be abit of a joke at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

No never heard anything have a friend who's brother is in the ESB I will get her to ask him did they hire any body lately.

Ok that's great thanks,surely the positions will be re-advertised it's well past a year and a half now?..did anyone try emailing the ESB's HR?!

Heard nothing since the processing application

It's looking like the positions have been filled so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tesla1981

Received a call this afternoon from HR apologising about the long delay and asked was I still interested. Interviews to take place in August. Best of luck everybody

• Advertisement

Tesla1981 wrote: »
    Received a call this afternoon from HR apologising about the long delay and asked was I still interested. Interviews to take place in August. Best of luck everybody

Best of luck going forward least we know the positions are still available

Congratulations least we know someone got an interview,let us know how u get on

Congratulations least we know someone got an interview,let us know how u get on

I've since been told apprentice's in Aug and Sparks in October is the timeline for interviews

Who told u that HR?..

Was hr in contact with anyone else?

Interview arranged for next week

Tesla1981 wrote: »
    Interview arranged for next week

Best of luck! What region are you in?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Best of luck! What region are you in?

Dublin

Anyone get called in the Louth region?

• Advertisement

Anyone know how Telsa1981 got on in his interview?

Berlingo07 wrote: »
    Anyone know how Telsa1981 got on in his interview?

Interview went well, there offering permanent contracts and not a three year fixed term contract to successful candidates. These positions have opened up due to a lot of people retiring from the job over the last few years, anybody else get called for interview? Looking at starting successful candidates in October.

No I haven't heard anything,even though someone told me it's still an on going process.Is these positions for the original position as network technician?

Berlingo07 wrote: »
    No I haven't heard anything,even though someone told me it's still an on going process.Is these positions for the original position as network technician?

Yes as Network Technicians(electricians)

Haven't heard anything yet either myself and was told by someone working there they hadn't started interviews here yet

Happy days,hope your successful Tesla1981.MrMac84 what region are u in

Cork

I assume HR with the ESB will be in contact with us this month if they want successful candidates to start in October.I hope ����

I got offered a job. Salary is very low well below the industry rates of pay for electricians. Thought it would be an easy decision if the job offer came, in two minds now. Can't believe the ESB pay there electricians so badly, considering the dangers of working on and around high tension equipment day in day out

• Advertisement

How low did they go on the offer?..

Advertisement