Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem changing the vcore in bios

Options
  • 05-01-2016 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi guys,
    I'm trying my first overclock on my AMD fx 6300 and I've watch loads of vids and read threads but I can't manage to change the vcore setting. I've disabled all the other settings that involve power saving like I'm supposed to I've also tried AMD overdrive but it doesn't seem to actually work for me. I have a gigabyte 970A-UD3 (rev.3)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

You might need to update your BIOS first, some of the Visheras weren't fully supported with the original stock BIOS version. They'll work, but they might be a bit derpy in terms of BIOS settings and the like. Make sure to get the rev.3 BIOS/UEFI and not an earlier one as the last revision of the UD3 is quite a bit different than the older ones - it has UEFI for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Henmistro

Solitaire wrote: »
    You might need to update your BIOS first, some of the Visheras weren't fully supported with the original stock BIOS version. They'll work, but they might be a bit derpy in terms of BIOS settings and the like. Make sure to get the rev.3 BIOS/UEFI and not an earlier one as the last revision of the UD3 is quite a bit different than the older ones - it has UEFI for a start.
    Yeah I have already have updated my bios but nothing has changed, I've heard of people having to reset their cmos everytime they want to change the value, I haven't tired yet tho.

Advertisement