Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

imagine wimax

Options
  • 05-01-2016 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

I want to find out if imagine wimax is any good and what is the download limit like. I heard it 150gb a month is that true.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Their website is disappointingly vague on the limit. Why not email them and get it from the horse's mouth?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Pointless in may places with 4G around ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Had Wimax for a number of years, at the time it was faster than any of the wired alternatives, and had no significant issues with it during that time, only changed to Efibre ( still with Imagine) when that became available as the fibre is a LOT faster.

I never hit a cap, but I didn't use it that much for things like torrents or movies etc. We are not far from the base station, so the wireless side of it worked reliably at over the rated 8Mb indoors without an external aerial or repeater to boost the signal.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

I was told on the phone that the limit is 150gb. On the website is says unlimited. If it is any good I would think about getting it. I now have three and it is 39.99 a month for 60gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kennyg2101

Hi all just received a letter stating Imagine Wimax will be shutting down the Dublin operation and you have to look for another provider I have looked and cannot find one as I have an old copper phone line on our lane from the 1950's and we live near Dublin airport and in this day and age cannot get broadband through a landline connection to my houses but on the other side of our lane the new housing developments have broadband, but on our side myself and my neighbours on the other side of the road do not have this service form the phone line as it is to old.

I have tried many different wireless dongles but they are not a great option has any body been able to get a broadband service without a phone line as my options look very limited unless you go by satellite and I have been informed this is not great either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement