Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom phone calls

Options
  • 05-01-2016 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭

Sometimes when someone rings me, my phone doesn't ring at all, no missed call, nothing. The call goes through as normal, but my phone does nothing. This has happened a few times now. Friend texted me yesterday to ask me something, and said he had rang a few times earlier in the day. No missed calls on my phone.
    How does this happen? And what can I do to fix it?

Phone : S4
    Network : 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Check you havent added that friend to the ignore list on your phone by accident (butt dial). The network won't present the ringing sound unless it has connected to a handset to accept the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Did your friend get a ringing tone, or were they sent straight to voicemail (or an unavailable recording)? - if the cell in your area is congested, the call can't be delivered to your phone, even though the network knows where it is, and you have good coverage/signal, so the call gets delivered to voicemail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Yes, the caller gets a ringing sound, but my phone does nothing. Has happened a few times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Then it's not network/cell congestion.

Unless you've accidentally added your friend's number to the blocked caller list on your phone, as ED E suggests, then it might be your handset - you could try your SIM in another handset, if available.

Failing that, it might be an issue with your number's registration on the network, but be sure to have checked the stuff in this thread before you report it, because they won't take it seriously unless all that stuff has been eliminated.

Advertisement