Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63 fault

Options
  • 05-01-2016 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I just replaced battery in my alarm and it's now displaying 00 engineer on the screen, anyone have any idea's on what to do next? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Probably lid tamper. CheckCheck the panel lid is on correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 james2311

KoolKid wrote: »
    Probably lid tamper. CheckCheck the panel lid is on correctly.

Does say lid tamper,but when I took lid off again and replaced it it's still saying the same.Lid seems to be on ok.Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Clear 99 to revert to user menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 John Brady 1

Hi,

Would anybody have the Astec 63 alarm manual? New home owner trying to troubleshoot it and replace battery.

Thanks
    J

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have PMed you that manual.

• Advertisement

Hi Folks,

Just moved into a house with a Astec 63 alarm. The battery was dead and I replaced it yesterday. But now realize that I don't know the alarm code to arm/disarm it. I have the manual - is it possible to set a new code without having reconfigure the entire system?

Many thanks
    J

Hi
    If the user code is unknown then you will need to default and reprogramme the system.

Hi,

I moved into a house and don't know the user code. I'm trying to default to factory setting with 'clear 9 4'. However, the panel doesn't do anything and displays '15 call engineer'. From the manual this is a smoke alarm tamper message. The smoke alarm is physically damaged. I don't need it (I have another). How can I get by this?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You need to disarm with the user code first then go into the engineers menu in order to default that way. As you don't know either your only option is to employ an alarm company who will reset it and reprogramme it.

Advertisement