Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downlighter housing - can any GU10 bulb be used?

Options
  • 05-01-2016 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

So have downlighters that were installed in 2003 with 50w gu10s.

Can I just stick in gu10 leds, even dimmable ones and work away or would new housings be needed?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

eddiem74 wrote: »
    So have downlighters that were installed in 2003 with 50w gu10s.

Can I just stick in gu10 leds, even dimmable ones and work away or would new housings be needed?

Thanks!

yeah.thats not a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

depending on the leds you may need a specific dimmer switch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Thanks guys, have 6 downlighters in the living room and am going to replace with these bulbs:

http://www.eurosales.ie/products/philips_4_3w_gu10_value_827_36_d.html

Thoughts?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Philips master range is good, my house is full of them and few problems.

I used the slightly more expensive ones:
    http://www.eurosales.ie/products/id-1752.html?perpage=8&filter_set%5B0%5D=1654%2C1657%2C1680&

But that's because that 'value' range wasn't there 6 years ago when I got them. Most of mine are still going.

Make sure you keep the invoice, if they die prematurely, Eurosales will replace them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

eddiem74 wrote:
    Thanks guys, have 6 downlighters in the living room and am going to replace with these bulbs:

The other lamps offered , are available in a "50W" equivalent, and have a single source of Light. Maybe several leds is OK with you but some prefer when the lamp appears as one source

• Advertisement

Stoner wrote: »
    The other lamps offered , are available in a "50W" equivalent, and have a single source of Light. Maybe several leds is OK with you but some prefer when the lamp appears as one source

Sorry you lost me on what you are explaining? :-(

Stoner wrote: »
    eddiem74 wrote: »
    Sorry you lost me on what you are explaining? :-(

Hang on think I get you now...brain was slow this morning i.e. 50W single source lamp also available. :o

http://www.eurosales.ie/products/philips_4_5_w_gu10__2700k_40_degree_dim_tone_50w_355lm_50k_hours.html

Advertisement