Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

maintenance money

• 05-01-2016 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi

If your on social welfare i get 166 a week. what is the amount i should give her for maintenance. I have 1 daughter shes 3
    just wondering would anyone know roughly

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hi

If your on social welfare i get 166 a week. what is the amount i should give her for maintenance. I have 1 daughter shes 3
    just wondering would anyone know roughly

No one can really tell you tbh, the District court limits are from 0-150 per week per child.

One way to calculate it is to tot up the total cost of your daughters needs each week and split that in two.

Are you going to court to have maintenance set by the court or trying to sort this out with your ex?

Is it 166 or 188 you are on with social welfare? 166 sounds a strange figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Man on Fire

last year i done a few weeks work and the dole found out and i pay them 20 a week to pay it off

she wont do the mediation.. i set up a appointment twice and she never turned up....

she is tryin to wreck my head over money she knows im not working...il be working soon as i am looking for work, ijust got laid off in december and struggled with her maintenance

now shes sayin i cant see her, i still have my daughters xmas presents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,277 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

last year i done a few weeks work and the dole found out and i pay them 20 a week to pay it off

she wont do the mediation.. i set up a appointment twice and she never turned up....

she is tryin to wreck my head over money she knows im not working...il be working soon as i am looking for work, ijust got laid off in december and struggled with her maintenance

Maintenance and visitation are completely separate things. You could be paying zero and still get to see the kid. It's nit your right to see her, but her right to see you.

Talk to the legal aid board about bringing an application for access

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ah right, sorry for being nosey.

Firstly are you down as your daughters guardian?
    everlast75 wrote: »
    Maintenance and visitation are completely separate things. You could be paying zero and still get to see the kid. It's nit your right to see her, but her right to see you.

Talk to the legal aid board about bringing an application for access

Agreed, see if you can get some legal advice on this

Their website is www.flac.ie

The list of locations and opening times is http://www.flac.ie/help/centres/familylaw/

Thanks for your help. much appreciated

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Ah right, sorry for being nosey.

Firstly are you down as your daughters guardian?

Agreed, see if you can get some legal advice on this

Their website is www.flac.ie

The list of locations and opening times is http://www.flac.ie/help/centres/familylaw/

No not as her guardian.. i wanted mediation first but shes just being awkward now.. im goin into dolphin house tomoro to get it sorted.
    ive had enough of her games

No not as her guardian.. i wanted mediation first but shes just being awkward now.. im goin into dolphin house tomoro to get it sorted.
    ive had enough of her games

Good luck with it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Best of luck, it's a bad situation to be In and I hope it all works out for you soon.
    I can only imagine how painful it must be to have someone disrupting your life, mind and wellbeing so much.

Thanks.

Its being going on 3 years now and ive being in a few dark places over it all
    but ive friends that went thru the exact same thing and it helped alot.

what doesnt kill ya makes ya stronger thats what i keep sayin :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Thanks.

Its being going on 3 years now and ive being in a few dark places over it all
    but ive friends that went thru the exact same thing and it helped alot.

what doesnt kill ya makes ya stronger thats what i keep sayin :):)

Exactly :) keep the chin up
    There's not much more she could do to you in terms of access so hopefully it's upwards from here. Maybe apply for the census jobs that were advertised today, its not for a few weeks but could be the start of something.

• Advertisement

Exactly :) keep the chin up
    There's not much more she could do to you in terms of access so hopefully it's upwards from here. Maybe apply for the census jobs that were advertised today, its not for a few weeks but could be the start of something.

Good idea on the census jobs but they reached the quota of applications within 4 hours, and it's now closed.

Lol thanks guys i have an interview tomorrow in a recruitment agency.
    they will have something for me, it will get the ball rolling anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

everlast75 wrote: »
    It's not your right to see her, but her right to see you.

is this part actually true though?

theres many kids in this country being forced against their will to meet dead beat parents they have no connection with, so i doubt this is true at all.

if so, would you have a legal link to this?

Advertisement