Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lease Renewal with Change of Names / Deposit Issue

Options
  • 05-01-2016 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Our house's 12 month lease is nearly up. My name is on the lease along with another occupant. The third and final occupant in the house has lived with us as a sub-lessee (pre-agreed with LL) since the beginning of the 12 month lease. Originally us two on the lease paid the deposit and first rent evenly to LL. When we acquired the sub-lessee, her deposit and first rent were split equally between us two on the lease. All bills and rent are split evenly between all 3 occupants and each would be due a third of deposit held by LL (deposit was 1 rent instalment).

Only the sub-lessee and I wish to remain in the property and renew lease for another 12 months - we informed and agreed this with the LL within the required notice period as per lease. It was agreed with LL that sub-lessee would replace the vacating occupant's name on lease upon renewal. We will be acquiring new sub-lessee upon lease renewal (reconfirmed this agreement with LL).

The final rent instalment for the original 12 months lease is now due and the vacating occupant has informed the current sub-lessee and me that she will not be paying it. She wishes for her deposit to be used instead as final rent instalment (same amounts) and that as us two are renewing we're required to pay that now. We believe there will be deductions for some damage (LL will be doing review) and there will be outstanding bills so we do not consent to this. We don't know how best to deal with it as the vacating occupant has been exhibiting hostile behaviour and we don't want to cause issues with the LL since we're renewing.

Any advice?

Advertisement