Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terribly confused.

Options
  • 06-01-2016 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭

I noticed my 4790K wasn't stepping down from 4.7Ghz so I decided to put everything back to auto expecting it to drop to 4.0Ghz and 4.4Ghz turbo.

Instead it's decided that it'll happily run a 1.271v and it's new turbo is 4.7Ghz, where as before it was fixed at 4.7Ghz and needed 1.325.

What the heck?

Happily clocking and and down now :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Has to be picking it up from XTU. Feck it - thats what I wanted - very, very odd XTU is doing it at a lower voltage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I'd run a stress test to make sure it is stable at 4.7 under load. It could also have been an issue of the XTU profile and the manual overclock doing something weird. Must get into overclocking at some point, I have the tech required, but no reason to yet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Xenoronin wrote: »
    I'd run a stress test to make sure it is stable at 4.7 under load. It could also have been an issue of the XTU profile and the manual overclock doing something weird. Must get into overclocking at some point, I have the tech required, but no reason to yet :D

It was XTU. I'm actually quite impressed with it but haven't had time to properly stress yet. Doing so off and on today.

Advertisement