Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas tree collection

Options
  • 06-01-2016 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody know of any company that will collect and dispose of Christmas trees from the Dundrum/Stillorgan area? And any idea of cost?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

This lot - http://christmastreedublin.com/book-tree-collection/

Cost €12 to collect my tree from Stillorgan. Only drawback was that they said they'd be here on Monday, arrived last night instead. Not a huge thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

TrueDub wrote: »
    This lot - http://christmastreedublin.com/book-tree-collection/

Cost €12 to collect my tree from Stillorgan. Only drawback was that they said they'd be here on Monday, arrived last night instead. Not a huge thing.

Brilliant thanks. I can't really leave it outside as it will be collected from an apartment block, but even for them collecting and taking it out of the apartment for 15 quid it'll be worth it, so I don't have to hoover the car afterwards!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

BDJW wrote: »
    Does anybody know of any company that will collect and dispose of Christmas trees from the Dundrum/Stillorgan area? And any idea of cost?

Thanks!

You can recycle for free in Ballyongan Road recycling plant

godtabh wrote: »
    You can recycle for free in Ballyongan Road recycling plant

But they don't come and collect and save you the hassle of making a mess of your car ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

but you wont get the pine scent in your car then

• Advertisement

godtabh wrote: »
    but you wont get the pine scent in your car then

Unfortunately the pine scent is gone from the tree so wouldn't have that nice scent in the car anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Saw an ad on FB for a Charity Tree collection where all donations are going to ISPCC. Collections from 5-10th January, and a minimum of €10.

Text your address and the evening you would like your tree to be collected to 087 7097319

Edit: This is the lad doing to collecting, https://www.100minds.org/2016/1195/harry-judge?tab=info

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

Sallynoggin based guy going uplifts for €8

https://www.facebook.com/brian.ofarrell.758?fref=nf

and Dun Laoghaire Waste doing it for €10
    Get Your Tree Collected - 100% hassle free!
    If you want a hassle free way to get rid of your Christmas tree, we will collect and recycle your unwanted Christmas Tree - For only €10…It couldn't be easier.
    Service available from 6th to 10th January at 9am-4.30pm in the following areas, Dun Laoghaire and all surrounding areas including....
    • Monkstown
    • Blackrock
    • Stillorgan
    • Mount Merrion
    • Sandycove
    • Sallynoggin
    • Dalkey
    • Killiney
    • Ballybrack
    • Loughlinstown
    • Shankill
    • Cabinteely
    Contact us on 086-213-00-00 with your name, address and mobile number to confirm a day and time to collect from your home and we’ll do the rest.
    All Christmas trees collected are recycled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Sorry to be late, but Ballinteer St Johns did a collection of trees over the weekend for a minimum donation of a fiver - worked out great for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

Does anyone know of either a depot accepting / company collecting trees at this time of year? As late as this is, I do have a tree to get rid of in South Dublin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement