Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Las Vegas & somewhere else!

Options
  • 06-01-2016 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Hi, planning on heading back to Vegas in March but also want to include another destination in this trip also. Planning on 5/6 nights in Vegas and 6/7 nights in another place. Has anyone any recommendations like somewhere in Mexico or anywhere else? Couple in our late 20s looking for a mixture of a party area/activities!
    Open to all suggestions! Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Cancun? Lots of people do Vegas and Cancun?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

Vegas and San Francisco.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

New Orleans is quite a party town also. Personally though, I wouldn't spend more than 3-4 days in Vegas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

dudara wrote: »
    New Orleans is quite a party town also. Personally though, I wouldn't spend more than 3-4 days in Vegas.

I spent 6 days there last year and didn't think it was enough... so it really differs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Thanks for all the suggestions. New Orleans looks really cool but there are no direct flights from Vegas so think we'll leave it. Hopefully another time I can combine it with another US city break.
    Decided against Mexico as wouldn't have enough time to properly enjoy it taking into account the long enough flight.

I agree, January, I was in Vegas for 7 nights previously and that wasn't even enough for my first time there.
    6 night anyway in Vegas for this trip and will add either San Francisco or Los Angeles (surrounding areas) to the itinerary as they're only an hour flight away! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Spirit do a Vegas to New Orleans direct flight. At least they used to

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

We usually try to do 7 days in Vegas, and we've been there loads of times.

4 days, you'd only have landed and it'll be time to go again...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

January wrote: »
    I spent 6 days there last year and didn't think it was enough... so it really differs.

I've been there a few times, and I do find myself thinking "enough!" after 4 days. It's a great place to spend a few days in suspended reality, see a show, shoot some guns, go gambling etc, but I never feel the need to stay long there. It's too artificial.

We drove from San Francisco to Las Vegas a few years back. Left San Fran, went north for a few days to Napa, then turned around and drove south aloung Route 1 (recommended!) before turning inland to LV. Part of the trip around Bakersfield was boring as hell, but driving through the Mojave at sunset is a cool experience.

Advertisement