Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New bike Tech

• 06-01-2016 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭

So, I see that BMW announced some advances for bikes at CES this year. Their new helmet tech and also headlights.

http://www.gizmag.com/bmw-motorrad-hud-laser-light-2016-ces/41188/

Some cool tech to come. :D

Also, just came across the helmet system Skully - http://www.skully.com/

looks damn cool and interesting. Quite expensive though.

Any thoughts/comments? Would you like/use such tech, obviously if the price dropped a bit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I'll stick with my tried & trusted lid...

I'm riding 35+ years now & never needed any of this hi-tec crap, still getting my head around body armour FFS :pac:

Back in my day a leather jacket, jeans & steel-toe docs were all ye needed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

It is a lid, in fact the lids itself without the add ons is highly engineers.

I suppose bikes shouldnt have all that hitech nonsense like ABS or Fuel Injection

woo :p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Thats one big lid or else her head is really really small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

I actually ordered the Skully helmet when it went on "pre order " back in October 2014. It should finally be delivered this march, almost a year late. I don't mind the wait though as they are quite good at communicating with their customers with regards to problems and changes they are making to the helmet. I'm very much excited at the prospect of this helmet however whether the product will live up to the hype is another question.

That BMW stuff looks very cool as well. I'm a big fan of technology. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

BKtje wrote: »
    I actually ordered the Skully helmet when it went on "pre order " back in October 2014. It should finally be delivered this march, almost a year late. I don't mind the wait though as they are quite good at communicating with their customers with regards to problems and changes they are making to the helmet. I'm very much excited at the prospect of this helmet however whether the product will live up to the hype is another question.

That BMW stuff looks very cool as well. I'm a big fan of technology. :D

I want a review!, give me a review when you get it! it looks superb hopefully the tech will come down in price though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

I'm sure others more skilled will have done a review at that stage. Others have received their helmet in December for an end user beta test and they are now making some small changes this month before gearing up for full scale production.

I will of course be happy to answer any and all questions :D

They have also said that they hope to be able to lower the price but not sure when and by how much.

listermint wrote: »
    It is a lid, in fact the lids itself without the add ons is highly engineers.

I suppose bikes shouldnt have all that hitech nonsense like ABS or Fuel Injection

woo :p:D
    Damn...how have I survived so long :rolleyes: :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Give it a few more years and sure we all be riding this.

The bike that cant be knocked over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    I'll stick with my tried & trusted lid...

I'm riding 35+ years now & never needed any of this hi-tec crap, still getting my head around body armour FFS :pac:

Back in my day a leather jacket, jeans & steel-toe docs were all ye needed :D

Leather jacket????
    Posh bastard!
    We only had waxed jackets where I'm from!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Speaking of new helmets...
    Vozz Rear-entry helmet - video
    Vozz helmet

• Advertisement

:pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement