Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir fibre broadband compatibility with sky box

Options
  • 06-01-2016 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭

I currently have Sky tv and broadband but I'm thinking of switching to eir fibre for broadband but sticking with sky for tv.

We watch a fair bit of on demand stuff through the sky digibox.  Will there be any difficulty with connecting the sky digibox to the eir fibre modem?  It connects to the sky modem wirelessly atm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

greendom wrote: »
    I currently have Sky tv and broadband but I'm thinking of switching to eir fibre for broadband but sticking with sky for tv.

We watch a fair bit of on demand stuff through the sky digibox.  Will there be any difficulty with connecting the sky digibox to the eir fibre modem?  It connects to the sky modem wirelessly atm.
    HI greendom

I can't advise in Sky boxes but if it's just based on Wifi signal than I really can't see anything causing an issue.

AL

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

eir: Alan wrote: »

HI greendom

I can't advise in Sky boxes but if it's just based on Wifi signal than I really can't see anything causing an issue.

AL
    As you  can imagine I'd like to be sure before I take the jump - where could I get confirmation of this ?

many thanks

eir: Alan wrote: »

HI greendom

AL
    As you  can imagine I'd like to be sure before I take the jump - where could I get confirmation of this ?

many thanks
    I understand greendom

Ultimately it will be at the responsibility of Sky to advise you on their boxes but from eirs (and more specifically my own) point of view, A WiFi Signal would be broadcast to the box and it's up to Sky to advise on whether they allow it's connection to another providers WiFi

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

It will work with any provider you don't have to be with Sky to use it. I used eir broadband with my sky box when I was with eir for Internet didn't have any problems I'm with sky now for Internet.

jay93 wrote: »
    It will work with any provider you don't have to be with Sky to use it. I used eir broadband with my sky box when I was with eir for Internet didn't have any problems I'm with sky now for Internet.
    Cheers jay93

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

I have two Sky boxes and Efibre and there is no issues. Both of them are connected through WiFi

Danny_B wrote: »
    I have two Sky boxes and Efibre and there is no issues. Both of them are connected through WiFi
    Cheers for your input Danny_B :)

AL

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dowey

Just been told that Eir doesn't allow sky to connect to the internet with them. 
    Has anyone had the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

dowey wrote: »
    Just been told that Eir doesn't allow sky to connect to the internet with them. 
    Has anyone had the same?

Still working for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dowey

Thanks ..it was through the chat screen on the Eir website that i was told this. It's sky q ..thought it weird so will phone them today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

dowey wrote: »
    Thanks ..it was through the chat screen on the Eir website that i was told this. It's sky q ..thought it weird so will phone them today
    Hi dowey ,

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement