Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has my account been closed?

Options
  • 06-01-2016 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭

I moved out of the house I was renting (sharing with 3 others) and supplied the meter ready on my final day in the house as well as a request that the account be closed. Can someone contact me with regard to this? I received a bill today but I'm not sure if the account will be closed after this is paid.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi kingtut,

Thank you for getting in touch.

The account closure process (which includes inputting of the meter-reading provided by the customer) automatically generates a final bill (after the account is closed) - is this indicated on the bill you received?

Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Hi kingtut,

Thank you for getting in touch.

The account closure process (which includes inputting of the meter-reading provided by the customer) automatically generates a final bill (after the account is closed) - is this indicated on the bill you received?

Una

________
    Hi Una,

Thanks for the quick reply!
    The bill itself doesn't appear to be a final bill as it says the next bill is due on 29th Feb 2016.

Thanks,
    Alan

Hi again Alan,

No problem, thanks for confirming.

Did you contact Electric Ireland directly to close your account or did you make this request of your landlord/lady or letting agent?

Una

________

Hi again Alan,

No problem, thanks for confirming.

Did you contact Electric Ireland directly to close your account or did you make this request of your landlord/lady or letting agent?

Una

________
    Hi Una,

I contacted Electric Ireland directly (I entered all of the details online), I also supplied the name of the person taking over the account.

Thanks,
    Alan

Hi again Alan,

When did you make the account closure request?

Thanks,
    Una

________

• Advertisement

Hi again Alan,

When did you make the account closure request?

Thanks,
    Una

________
    Hi Una,

On the 28th of December. I got an auto generated e-mail back from donotreply@electricireland.ie after I submitted the request which said "Thank you for submitting your details which we will now process for you.You don’t need to do anything else!".

Thanks,
    Alan

Hi again Alan,

Thanks for confirming. Your account closure is likely pending now, and the bill you received may have been a scheduled one due to issue anyway.

I can look into it further for you though, if you private message the Electric Ireland account number in question, the address and telephone number on the account.

Thanks,
    Una

________

Hi again Alan,

Thanks for confirming. Your account closure is likely pending now, and the bill you received may have been a scheduled one due to issue anyway.

I can look into it further for you though, if you private message the Electric Ireland account number in question, the address and telephone number on the account.

Thanks,
    Una

________
    Thanks Una PM sent.

Advertisement