Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis Tv

• 06-01-2016 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hey, considering subscribing to tennis tv for the year but have noticed that the reviews tend to say it often says that matches aren't available in your area. Was just wondering if anyone has ever subscribed to it and how they found it? I normally stream matches off random websites but the quality is rubbish and would like to watch some hd tennis!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Emz93 wrote: »
    Hey, considering subscribing to tennis tv for the year but have noticed that the reviews tend to say it often says that matches aren't available in your area. Was just wondering if anyone has ever subscribed to it and how they found it? I normally stream matches off random websites but the quality is rubbish and would like to watch some hd tennis!

I subscribe to it and find it great. Very few tournaments weren't available in Europe last year. It only shows ATP and WTA events though, so no Slams or Davis/Fed cup. It also bases availability on location, not account, so if you have a VPN you can avoid any blocked matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Johnmb wrote: »
    I subscribe to it and find it great. Very few tournaments weren't available in Europe last year. It only shows ATP and WTA events though, so no Slams or Davis/Fed cup. It also bases availability on location, not account, so if you have a VPN you can avoid any blocked matches.

I thought paying for it would remove that block tho ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

I thought paying for it would remove that block tho ?
    No, it's a rights owner issue, not Tennis TVs. I can't think of any tournaments that I was blocked from seeing last year, but there are warnings on some of them, usually that they can't be viewed in the country that they are on in (e.g. Russian tournaments cannot be viewed in Russia), and the US surprisingly gets blocked from quite a few. I just didn't want to say none are blocked in Ireland in case something changes this year. When I first started subscribing to it, none of the WTA events were available in Europe because Eurosport had all the European rights, but for the last few years, everything seems to be available.

Advertisement