Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyranha ina zone 232. Am I too heavy?

Options
  • 06-01-2016 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey. I'm a little curious on a couple of things and using th Internet to get answers is like drawing blood from a stone. Lol. So please be my salvation

At Christmas, my lovely parents went and bought me a brilliant kayak. The Pyranha ina zone 232. Now I've not yet had chance to paddle her yet. I'm currently 2 stone over the recommended weight for this boat. I have air bags in the back of the boat.

My main question is if this gong to caus me any trouble? I mean I don't want to turn up at the lake and sit the poor girl as soon as I launch her.

Also I was wondering what type and size of deck I'll need for when either her or I are ready to take to the water

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Moved from Forum Requests

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Hey. I'm a little curious on a couple of things and using th Internet to get answers is like drawing blood from a stone. Lol. So please be my salvation

At Christmas, my lovely parents went and bought me a brilliant kayak. The Pyranha ina zone 232. Now I've not yet had chance to paddle her yet. I'm currently 2 stone over the recommended weight for this boat. I have air bags in the back of the boat.

My main question is if this gong to caus me any trouble? I mean I don't want to turn up at the lake and sit the poor girl as soon as I launch her.

Also I was wondering what type and size of deck I'll need for when either her or I are ready to take to the water

Hey there,

You'll find the extra weight over the spec will make the boat harder to move around as the extra weight causes drag and may bring the water line up to it's secondary stability point. This makes it a little more harder to manouver around the place. If you are bring it on to moving water you'll find it's edges catching and you'll find it hard to turn. The Inazone has quite playful edges on it so if theyre in the water you'll be constantly having to adjust to stop the boats edges getting caught.

Hope that helps a bit

Advertisement