Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell January 9th to 16th 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cowana

Any chance of a photo?

I am just below glencree, snow line is glencree, I took a few photos up at kippure and will try and upload them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Its a snowy sleety mix here now.

I said snow.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

ECM has 10 days of cold block. GFS wants the breakdown in 5 days. Let's see where this goes. There is potential for a battleground and we could win from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

ECM has 10 days of cold block. GFS wants the breakdown in 5 days. Let's see where this goes. There is potential for a battleground and we could win from it.

I had put the cover back over my lamp post, I just felt it was embarrassing itself standing there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭arctictree

Looking at the charts. We still have relatively warm air over us for the next couple of days. Yet it has started to snow here. I am confident about lots of wintry weather in the coming week. (Even though it's a bit of hardship for me).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Rain has turned to snow at quite low levels now in south wicklow north wexford and is sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

Rain has turned to snow at quite low levels now in south wicklow north wexford and is sticking
    Add your reply here.

Surely that's a good sign considering the real cold isn't here yet. It's only rain here in North Wicklow so far.

Yes :D

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Its a snowy sleety mix here now.

I said snow.

You're in conary or Rathdrum somewhere? Or am I thinking of someone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Blessington sleety snow falling heavy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mafra

Just saw a snowy pic of Hacketstown on Facebook. Look like a great start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

(Posted this in the other thread) Just took a spin up the Sally Gap.... snow line was circa 400m. Nice layer starting to form.. snow was very heavy at times.

https://instagram.com/p/BAVUpsXxVOO/

https://instagram.com/p/BAVUfIJRVN4/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭secman

East of Gorey and it's just pelting rain a good few hours now. ... ground is saturated. ...puddles all over the squelchy garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Bit of a sleety mix in Kinsealy at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Pelting snow here now....whhooo hoooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

DellyBelly wrote: »

Where :rolleyes:

DellyBelly wrote: »

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Oh to be in Annamoe/Roundwood tonight, bet its snowmagedon there right now. Cold heavy rain here :(
    Going for a drive tomorrow I think!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

secman wrote: »
    East of Gorey and it's just pelting rain a good few hours now. ... ground is saturated. ...puddles all over the squelchy garden.

Aye, icy blobs in that Id say though and you could see wet snow as it tilts from inland of you where it is snowing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭mulbot

Lots of snow here on carlow/wicklow border

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Will be in Blessington tomorrow, might take a little venture up and see where the snow line is

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Manky wet snow for the last hour and a half here in Kilcullen, sticking to the car, no golf tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Blessington sleety snow falling heavy!
    So that's lamp post watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Where?

In the estate where I live. Good covering but only lasted 20 mins or so. Hopefully more overnight...fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Snowing now in stepaside

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

flanzer wrote: »

Snowing down here to the past 10 minutes; not sticking. Heavy and the temp is 1.7C and dropping rapidly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Snowing in D.16

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Heavy wet snow here now, car covered!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement