Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell January 9th to 16th 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mafra

dexter647 wrote: »
    Yep they all seem to be pointing in the one direction this evening alright...More Atlantic pis$:mad:

Great. Booking flights back outta here ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mafra

dexter647 wrote: »
    Yep they all seem to be pointing in the one direction this evening alright...More Atlantic pis$:mad:

Great. Booking flights back outta here ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

200motels wrote: »
    Having watched the model runs for the past week it now seems to me that this cold spell will be short lived as we get back into wet and windy weather from the weekend onwards.

sake, the rain would drive you insane :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

WHAT ON EARTH was Jean Byrne wearing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

km79 wrote:
    WHAT ON EARTH was Jean Byrne wearing

The woman who fell to earth. Think it was her little tribute to Bowie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

jd wrote: »
    The woman who fell to earth. Think it was her little tribute to Bowie.

Oh ok !

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Agent_47

km79 wrote: »

Trying her best to look like the wicked witch from South Kerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

It's gone beyond a joke all the different outfits that are worn every night, I wonder how Met Eireann management feel about this, the weather forecast is supposed to be a serious presentation and not a fashion show, to be honest I am getting sick of the whole thing and tonight's outfit was plain ridiculous

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Storm 10 wrote: »
    It's gone beyond a joke all the different outfits that are worn every night, I wonder how Met Eireann management feel about this, the weather forecast is supposed to be a serious presentation and not a fashion show, to be honest I am getting sick of the whole thing and tonight's outfit was plain ridiculous

Jeez don't blame Jean for the bad weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Ah will you stop!!

I don't give a fiddlers if she wearing's a 15 litre black bin bag...I'll get the gist of the weather and enjoy doing so!

Give up your oul sins!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

km79 wrote: »

You'll have to put up a picture now. I missed it and theres's feck all weather to talk about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

You'll have to put up a picture now. I missed it and theres's feck all weather to talk about.

I would descibe it as a space/halloween dress lol:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

she knows that this cold event turned out to be another load of nothing in this dismal winter and cheered us all up with that outfit!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

I thought she was off the star wars set

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Well it's still going to be cold and crisp this week. So enjoy. MT reckons something might be stirring late Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

Unfortunately ME management have no say in the matter. It is for RTE, their Wardrobe section, as far as I know who decide on "costumes".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

She's a big Bowie fan obviously :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

WRF model gives the Wicklow mountains, Mourne mountains and a few other places a fair bit of fresh snow overnight tonight and tomorrow. However, it tends to overcook precipitation amounts in general.
    slS4x8w.png

After that the main snow prospects will be from showers coming in from Northern and Western coasts and then the shallow low pressure the which crosses the Northern half of the country on Wednesday evening/night. Not quite cold enough for snow right down to the coasts with those showers so the usual areas which are more elevated and a bit further inland will be more likely to have snow. However, Wednesday night's event may bring snow to lower elevations.

A bit too far out to use this chart for specific details of Wednesday's potential event but this is the 18z ARPEGE prediction of total snowfall up until Thursday morning.
    mnPevoq.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 607 ✭✭✭jack o shea

it could even get as "low" as 1 or 2 degrees tonight, a real deep freeze alright, we got our 2 proper winters a few years ago and thats it for another 20 or so years.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

1q9RO47.png

sorry lads i know its not related.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Are we expecting medieval weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,647 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Blackadder?

blackadder_banner.png?w=608&h=280&crop=1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

There is a trough currently running south through the country. It is currently in northern Ireland but it's just beginning to hit south Ulster and North East Leinster. Some very heavy precip rates coming in, up to 20mm per hr. It seems to be holding together as it moves south and may well hit many parts of north and east Leinster however either or both of 2 things will probably occur:
    1. It'll die out as it moves further across Leinster
    2. Temp/dew points will just about be at the wrong side of marginal and it'll be just very very cold rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

screamer wrote: »
    No more like snownuts!

Seeing as no one has a clue what the weather is up to and we got a rip roaring frost last night I stocked up on coal. It can do what it likes now I'll be toasty warm and my kitchen cupboards are like a supply room year round.
    I'm not expecting snow but as no one knows better warm than cold.

Know what you mean re cupboards...mine are groaning when I open them. Coal I have to bring up on the car as no one can easily find me up here and takes too much organising. two bags at a time.... the 40 k ones... Thee big strong men at the garage can heft them no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Ah will you stop!!

I don't give a fiddlers if she wearing's a 15 litre black bin bag...I'll get the gist of the weather and enjoy doing so!

Give up your oul sins!

Exactly.
    Although I did think we were in for a VERY ominous forecast when I switched over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Interesting night. Loud rain and "mouth music" from my small feral indoor rescue cat who is sure spring is soon. Rain sounds have muted to a scattering sound on the windows now as we await the day. A change. Who knows what will be revealed when light dawns from the east...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement