Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Crown- Netflix (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

flazio wrote:
    Was announced ages ago but never discussed here. Imelda Staunton is to take up the role of the Queen in season 5 but the 6th season has been cancelled.

Can't understand why? Although I think there has been too much of a jump between season 2 & 3

• Registered Users Posts: 8 debs95

I think the 6th season was cancelled in order to keep it as real to life as possible, and not have it drawn out and over dramatised. I really enjoyed the beginning but the change in the lead roles was hard to adjust to, IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Season 6 is back on.
    TVLine: The Crown Extends Its Run at Netflix, Now Will End With Season 6.
    https://tvline.com/2020/07/09/the-crown-season-6-final-netflix/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 86,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Emma Corrin and Josh O’Connor were cast as Diana and Charles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Emma Corrin and Josh O’Connor were cast as Diana and Charles
    That's for S4 only, at least for Emma as the young Diana. I don't know about who's playing Charles when.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

bnt wrote: »
    Diana is gong to grow a ~foot taller as well as aging.

for a republican (in the English anti-monarchist sesnse) is this series worth watching?

for a republican (in the English anti-monarchist sesnse) is this series worth watching?
    For a better understanding of what it is you are "anti" I would say so.

ziedth wrote: »
    Was there ever any confirmation on why they didn't just age them? I found it distracting to be honest and what really saved it for me was Philip and Margaret in that they were probably better played (particularly the latter).

I think Olivia Coleman is every bit as good an actress as Claire Foy so there it's not a case of "who is better" I just wonder was it actually needed for such a relatively small jump in years.
    flazio wrote: »
    For the record, I thought Vanessa Kirby did a great portrayal of Princess Margaret.
    I think it's right they recast the leads because, even with prosthetics and make up, watching Claire and Matt act against actors who are roughly the same age as them but playing their near grown up children wouldn't sit right with me.

Did Foy want out as she was becoming a bigger star or was she only contracted for two seasons?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

First snippet (barely) of Gillian Anderson as Thatcher and the unrelenting glare on Diana.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,631 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Good likeness it's all in the hair.
    EjE8SClXsAAsPHx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭satguy

Is season 4 the most awaited Netflix ever ?

Pardon my pun, but it must be their jewel in the crown. I for one can't wait.

Teaser trailer does a great job.

Drops November 15th

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

Teaser trailer does a great job.

Drops November 15th

The trailer shows, soldiers carrying a Union Jack draped coffin, that has to be Mountbatten in 1979.
    Wonder will they also show Warrenpoint, and a quick recap of the then 10 years old troubles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Clever little teaser, that. No dialogue - bar the wedding bloke, and it certainly looks like they've spared no expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

Yes. I'm the same (English and Republican) and delayed watching the first series for a long time because I thought I'd hate it. I was hooked from the very first episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

flazio wrote: »
    For the record, I thought Vanessa Kirby did a great portrayal of Princess Margaret.
    I think it's right they recast the leads because, even with prosthetics and make up, watching Claire and Matt act against actors who are roughly the same age as them but playing their near grown up children wouldn't sit right with me.

I much preferred Vanessa Kirby in the role . She showed the vulnerable side so much bettter than Helena BC .
    Also preferred Claire Foy as she portrayed a more human side

Yes. I'm the same (English and Republican) and delayed watching the first series for a long time because I thought I'd hate it. I was hooked from the very first episode.

hmm starting Season 2 and getting tired of the story of their love lives...

• Advertisement

Looking forward to this season now.

Conflict is a brewin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Gillian Anderson is going to steal this season I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Tried one episode of this thinking I'd hate it. Just watched the Aberfan episode and I've never cried so hard at a TV program.
    Such addictive watching

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Tried one episode of this thinking I'd hate it. Just watched the Aberfan episode and I've never cried so hard at a TV program.
    Such addictive watching

They really did surpass themselves with Aberfan. I'd heard of the tragedy a lot growing up, but I'd never seen it dramatised like that before and it really brought it all home.

I'd never heard of it. And that shocked me. But then again Dunblane, Bezlan, Columbine, they do fade from world memory and history after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Great show, really excited to see Anderson as Thatcher & how Diana is portrayed

Charles Dance has been brilliant as Mountbatten so looking forward to them bringing that to a close

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭satguy

Only one more day to season 4 ,,, Can't Wait..

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Watch out for the mouse in season 4 episode 3 just at the start when they show the Queen Mother 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Watched the whole season today...... There is no way Charles can ever become King of England after watching it.
    Charles character has not matured if anything it has gotten progressively worse.
    I have always had my doubts about should Charles ever sit on the Throne and should we simply just skip to William.
    Josh O Connor, the actor portrays Charles is brilliant, he is surly he slouches the shoulders and dips the head. There is no sense of responsibility or commitment.

Gillian Anderson is amazing as Thatcher.

So When are we due Season 5?

Advertisement