Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiography Minimum Experience

Options
  • 06-01-2016 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I am applying via mature route for Radiography in September. I have done one full days placement in an xray department, I asked to do another day but the manager of the department said that 1 day would be sufficient for me. Now I did get a lot of notes and info from that day.
    Just wondering if other people on the course did more than a days placement for their application? I may need to travel to another county for a second days experience if necessary!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ciaraofcourse

It's quite a small course, 30-40 students per year and only one or two would be mature students so I would say the experiences of successful mature students would vary quite a lot.
    If you can't get into an xray department, other healthcare experience would also be relevant, e.g. volunteering at a nursing home. Generally you would need to show that you would like to work in a hospital environment and that you understand the level or responsibility and professionalism required.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭alltacht

Thanks for your helpful response :)

Advertisement