Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Websites For Buying Components

Options
  • 06-01-2016 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Living in Ireland, looking for some good sites that arent overpriced for parts and do ship to ireland without paying huge amounts for shipping.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Caseking, computer universe, dabs, komplett, Amazon, scan, alternate, overclockers.

Surely one will suit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Androidable

hardwareversand.de

Edit:
    geizhals.de can use this to save a few bob while using hardwareversand

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭callumsdad

hardwareversand.de

Edit:
    geizhals.de can use this to save a few bob while using hardwareversand
    Not as cheap as they used to be..Plus some guys here had issues with them lately.I always got my parts from them for customers builds and loved the pricing especially using the geizhals trick but after the company went into administration i would leave them be.Feck that.
    I used these guys a bit of late and i have to admit they're on the ball.Fast delivery and pricing is good/reasonable.http://www.cclonline.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

costino wrote: »
    ...looking for some good sites that arent overpriced for parts ... without paying huge amounts for shipping.

That's a false economy as Mindfactory will most likely be cheaper for all the components apart from the case even with their €30 delivery charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Androidable

callumsdad wrote: »
    Not as cheap as they used to be..Plus some guys here had issues with them lately.I always got my parts from them for customers builds and loved the pricing especially using the geizhals trick but after the company went into administration i would leave them be.Feck that.
    I used these guys a bit of late and i have to admit they're on the ball.Fast delivery and pricing is good/reasonable.http://www.cclonline.com/

hardwareversand, yeah would agree but still cheaper than a lot off places I looked around.

About cclonline, how much did you pay for delivery to Ireland?

• Advertisement

hardwareversand, yeah would agree but still cheaper than a lot off places I looked around.

About cclonline, how much did you pay for delivery to Ireland?
    £9.00 delivery to Ireland.Very fast also.Couple of days and you'll have your items.Hardware have gone downhill the past year.I ordered parts for multiple machines from them and thank god all was good but iv read here that some guys are not getting some of their items and not a thing can be done.Mind you they paid via transfer.Also hardwareversand customer service is terrible unless you can speak German and don't mind a call to Germany.Alot of the times parts advertised in stock when ordering are actually out of stock and that is where the trouble starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭quainy

Mindfactory isn't bad and it's compatible with the geizhals discount site, if you'd like to navigate through the german markets but aren't able to translate pages etc. then skinflint in the UK is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭Nollog

komplett

I was buying recently and checked komplett, by golly gosh they sure have gone downhill.
    no real filtering, not much stock.
    I have no idea how anyone finds what they're looking for.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I was buying recently and checked komplett, by golly gosh they sure have gone downhill.
    Never fancied them for parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

/\/ollog wrote: »

Yep, same here.

I ordered my previous full build off them, bout €1,300 worth. Was handy being able to collect at their shop in Blanchardstown I think it was. Checked them out 1st, but went with MindFactory for my new build in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Never used komplett myself but they're a known name, for regular singular parts they're handy I'd say, I just throw every name I can out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

To be fair some times komplett are handy I got an ssd of them had it in a few days... Can't really complain and it was an ok price.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

FWIW, I ordered my components from Mindfactory.de and had them within a week.

They weren't much cheaper than Amazon, but Amazon wouldn't ship the ASRock Fatal1ty
    mobo I decided on to Ireland, nor had any stock of the Ballistix RAM I wanted.

I'm hoping nothing acts up as I don't know how good or bad their RMA department is, fingers crossed! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

byte wrote: »
    FWIW, I ordered my components from Mindfactory.de and had them within a week.

They weren't much cheaper than Amazon, but Amazon wouldn't ship the ASRock Fatal1ty
    mobo I decided on to Ireland, nor had any stock of the Ballistix RAM I wanted.

I'm hoping nothing acts up as I don't know how good or bad their RMA department is, fingers crossed! :)

I've recently been converted to the uberness that is Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭quainy

Yeah Parcel Motel can be a class little addition, considering I have one 20 mins from the house and I always pick it up within the first day, it's class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

quainy wrote: »
    Yeah Parcel Motel can be a class little addition, considering I have one 20 mins from the house and I always pick it up within the first day, it's class.

Just be wary if buying any high value items, I think with the standard charge you are only covered up to €100 I think. Not too good if your 980ti or whatever goes missing! Just something to be aware of. You can purchase additional insurance as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Just be wary if buying any high value items, I think with the standard charge you are only covered up to €100 I think. Not too good if your 980ti or whatever goes missing! Just something to be aware of. You can purchase additional insurance as far as I know.

You can now add the details (where you bought it from, tracking number, etc.) of you're expected parcel to the Shopping Tracker and the cover will be raised to €250 for free.

I used Parcel Wizard (similar to Parcel Motel but they deliver it straight to your door) to order a PS4 for about €350 from the UK last month and there were no problems. I would have used Parcel Motel, but Parcel Wizard had the offer of your first 3 deliveries being free so decided to give them a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

jamescd wrote: »
    You can now add the details (where you bought it from, tracking number, etc.) of you're expected parcel to the Shopping Tracker and the cover will be raised to €250 for free.

I used Parcel Wizard (similar to Parcel Motel but they deliver it straight to your door) to order a PS4 for about €350 from the UK last month and there were no problems. I would have used Parcel Motel, but Parcel Wizard had the offer of your first 3 deliveries being free so decided to give them a try.

Didn't realise that. In only becomes a issue though if it goes missing sometime after being received by parcel motel, and if its a high value item. No comeback with the retailer as it will be recorded as delivered to the address you gave, and you will only be able to claim up to the insurance level with parcel motel.

I have had no issues myself using them so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

jamescd wrote: »
    Yep, same here.

I ordered my previous full build off them, bout €1,300 worth. Was handy being able to collect at their shop in Blanchardstown I think it was. Checked them out 1st, but went with MindFactory for my new build in the end.

Was thinking of doing a skylake build late last year (still am tbh) and was looking at loads of different sites. Mindfactory was coming in at about €400 + €30 shipping while komplett was €430 with free shipping (almost exactly the same components).

Since then I have changed my mind about which motherboard to go for so komplett no longer have the one I want. At the moment Amazon seems be fairly competitive although a little bit more expensive but if it means I can deal with an English speaking company if I need to RMA something I would say it would be more than worth the extra few euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Anyone ever order from LambdaTek have seen them pop up on price comparison sites when I was looking for the powercolor 390

• Advertisement
Advertisement