Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba Satellite c660 startup proble,

Options
  • 06-01-2016 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭

Hi. I was just wondering if anybody could help please. I left my laptop on last night & when I opened it this morning the website that I had been on was frozen so I turned off the laptop. When I turned it back on, the Toshiba Innovation page with the boot & setup menu worked as normal but after that the screen has remained black. I have tried turning it on & off numerous times but the same thing happens all the time. Does anybody know what the problem is? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

take out the battery,
    reboot, hold down f8, go to safe mode menu,
    load in vga mode low resolution safe mode .
    it it works ,use for ten minutes ,and reboot as normal.

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/5-ways-boot-safe-mode-windows-8-windows-81
    or just load safe mode,

for windows 7, reboot, , tap f8 until safe mode menu appears .

or maybe go to safe mode, then

try last know good configuration

use arrow keys, up,down, enter to select safe mode choice,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Thanks for the reply but F8 won't work at all. I cannot get into safe mode. I can only press F2 & F12 for the boot & setup menus. I am operating on Windows 7.

Takeout the battery hold down power button for 10 to 14 seconds
    With power cable unplugged from ESB socket wait 3 minutes reboot laptop with no battery inside

Make a boot cd,

Make your way to the linux mint home page, and find your way to the downloads section and pick the version / CPU architecture you are using. For convenience sake I will provide the link to the page for the regular edition here: http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php

Step two:

Download the version you want to install in the time it will take you to download the file you should get the following things:

- A cup of coffee (Quite possibly the most crucial thing you need)

- A CD to install the ISO on and put the CD into the computer

Step three:

Once the ISO is downloaded go into your menu, move to “Sound and Video” And open Brasero.

Step four:

When the menu pops up in the program click on the: “Burn Image” box

Step five:

A box will pop up with a few options the only one you should have to worry about is the “Select Disk Image to Write” button, click on it. The typical “Navigate to the file you want to install” box should pop up. If you are using firefox, then the file will be in your Downloads directory by default. Select the file and let it fly.

Step Six:

After the ISO is installed to then you simply reboot the system and enjoy your live environment. You can also install from there.

you may need to press f12 after reboot ,

select boot from cd/dvd drive =bootdevice =cd/dvd drive/

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/BurningLinuxIsoBasics

set burn speed =2 or 4x .
    browse to iso file ,select burn image from cd burning menu
    settings burn speed 4x.

click burn image file iso file
    this fits on a cdr disc .

file size 240meg approx.

reboot from cd ,
    click on computer ,icon,
    drive 1 , =drive c , volume 80gig .
    copy your music files to a usb drive .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Thanks a million for your time & effort. It was becoming a nightmare but it has finally worked for me by doing what you said in your 2nd reply. Much appreciated Ric!

• Advertisement

Thats good news, it worked .
    if working as normal,
    put the battery back in , if you want to charge it.

Advertisement