Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Nice one. Also, agreed on record scratch...love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

The Underachieves have a new tune out and its a bit of a banger

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭surball

Very Eminem esque

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

New Asap Ferg album has some great tracks, pick of the bunch for me:
    http://www.hiphopenergy.com/asap-ferg-psycho-free-audio-download-mp3/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Aesop Rock - The Impossible Kid album stream

Collie & Alan Newman 'Outside The Box' is out tomorrow as well. I've had the pleasure of having an advanced copy of it for a couple of weeks now, and it's great listening. Really great, I would suggest supporting this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

horsebox09 wrote: »
    New Asap Ferg album has some great tracks, pick of the bunch for me:
    http://www.hiphopenergy.com/asap-ferg-psycho-free-audio-download-mp3/

Few good tracks alright. Honestly expected it to be a lot better though if I'm honest.

Live performance of a track off the upcoming Chance The Rapper mixtape called 3

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Live performance of a track off the upcoming Chance The Rapper mixtape called 3

Really looking forward to this mixtape, if it's full of tracks like this I'll be very happy. Mad how far he's come on since he put out Acid Rap, still unsigned and all!

• Advertisement

Few good tracks alright. Honestly expected it to be a lot better though if I'm honest.

Yeah, he can't seem to make a solid project front-back, similar to Rocky since his 1st mixtape

Really looking forward to this mixtape, if it's full of tracks like this I'll be very happy. Mad how far he's come on since he put out Acid Rap, still unsigned and all!

I think remaining a free agent is what he wants, gives more freedom. I don't think he has put out a project yet where you have to pay, has he?

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I think remaining a free agent is what he wants, gives more freedom. I don't think he has put out a project yet where you have to pay, has he?

Yeah he can do his own thing at his own pace, makes total sense, and I'm sure he's not short of labels willing to throw big cash at him either! All releases been free so far, can't see him breaking that pattern anytime soon either clearly working massively in his favour going this route.

ohh im digging this

New Chance mixtape is out now on Apple Music, gave it a few listens this morning and I'm liking it. A bit too feature heavy, nowhere near enough Chance on it, and a few tracks I'm not feeling too much, but overall it's pretty damn good! Took Acid Rap quite a few listens to sit with me so I have feeling this will be the same.

New Schoolboy Q and Kanye

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

schizo1014 wrote: »
    New Schoolboy Q and Kanye

Jesus, that kanye west prick is very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

schizo1014 wrote: »
    ohh im digging this

Great song. Probably the first F.Montana song I like. Very catchy and kanye's verse is dope!!!

Oddisee - The Odd Tape

https://oddiseemmg.bandcamp.com/album/the-odd-tape

This is beautiful intrumental music.

I've checked out a few new releases today.

Blueprint - Vigilante Genesis (Prod. Aesop Rock)
    I'm digging this, Blueprint has been a solid favorite of mine and gets better and better as he goes on. He takes it up another level on this one as well. Aes Rocks beats are dope as well, the mesh well together with the vocals.

Chance The Rapper - Colouring Book
    I'm a little disappointed, it sounds like a more rounded version of Surf. But that doesn't mean it's not good :) Enjoyed listening to it but my expectations where way to high.

Meyem Lauren - Piatto D'Oro
    I'm diggin this, i've listened a few times now. It's exactly what I expected and makes me nod my head. The dude has a dope voice.

• Advertisement

New Pusha track with a 48 bar verse from Jay-Z is quality, both kill it over a bonkers beat!
    https://2dopeboyz.com/2016/05/31/pusha-t-jay-z-drug-dealers-anonymous/

YG - Still Brazy dropping this summer

Also the new Schoolboy Q album is out July 8th

Have te say, liking the Mac Dre influence in those YG tunes!
    Kanye dropped the 1st single from Cruel Winter earlier:

https://m.soundcloud.com/nightsinoctober/champions-good-music

Really liking the sound of that Cruel Winter track, not quite on the level of Mercy, New God Flow or Clique but a good posse cut all the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

I think it's absolutely awful if I am honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    I think it's absolutely awful if I am honest.

Anything containing 2Chainz and big sean is instantly and always complete garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/freddie-gibbs-arrested-for-alleged-rape-in-austria-news.22035.html

This is big. ****.

He's supposed to be in Dublin this weekend.

I would like to think that it's not true, but part of me thinks that he lives that gangster life a bit too much. Glad I didn't spend whatever on a ticket just for him. Wonder what Forbidden Fruit will say for his no show.

Just saw what they wrote - nothing much. Pity for the fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

One of the few people I wanted to see at FF Had to google what was going on when I was waiting for him to come on yesterday fairly shocking news now. His lawyers pointing out that its strange it took them so long to charge him but I guess if he wasnt in europe for a year then they couldnt.

Absolutely gutted if that turns out to be true, outside of being one of the best new school Gibbs always seemed like a good dude away from the music too!

On a brighter note, Akala just murdered everything with his new Fire in The Booth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Absolutely gutted if that turns out to be true, outside of being one of the best new school Gibbs always seemed like a good dude away from the music too!

He has been arrested a few times and they weren't for nice things. I don't think he's as good as he seems.

Advertisement