Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop 2016

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Shame about Freddie, the impression I have is that he has settled down alot since his daughter was born a year or so ago.
    I heard the way the festival handled it wasn't the best either.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've listened to Drake - Views From The 6 album and I quite like it.
    The song with Rhianna is a cracker.

If you are going to listen to it thinking it's going to be a hip hop banger, don't listen to it. If you are going to listen to it thinking it will be more chilled rap with heavy RnB influence, you'll dig it.

It's not going to re-write history or go be in the top 100 albums of all time, but a decent listen.

Astrolnautalis - Cut The Body Loose is anothe I've listened to a few times now, and I really like it more with each listen. It's a more rounded version of the last album, I think he had a vision there which didn't quite pay off, this is where it all comes together lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Been waiting for this project and it looks like it'll finally be seeing the light of day. Wiki from Ratking, Antwon & Lil Ugly Mane group. Secret Circle

https://www.soundcloud.com/user-923145623/get-it-secret-circle-teaser

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I've listened to Drake - Views From The 6 album and I quite like it.
    The song with Rhianna is a cracker.

If you are going to listen to it thinking it's going to be a hip hop banger, don't listen to it. If you are going to listen to it thinking it will be more chilled rap with heavy RnB influence, you'll dig it.

It's not going to re-write history or go be in the top 100 albums of all time, but a decent listen.

Astrolnautalis - Cut The Body Loose is anothe I've listened to a few times now, and I really like it more with each listen. It's a more rounded version of the last album, I think he had a vision there which didn't quite pay off, this is where it all comes together lovely.

Definitely man, it's a nice, easy listen, some cheesy lines, some great production; a typical Drake album! Personally, I think he could have made a ridiculously good album if he kept the first half of IYRTITL and combined it with the best material on Views, could have used a few more verses like this too:
    https://ovosoundradio.com/drake-4pm-calabashes-new-song/

Shame about the Freddie Gibbs news BTW, was only listening to Shadow of a Doubt a few days ago, hopefully for both parties it's false and we get Pinata 2 and that Alchemist project soon

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Speaking of Alc, his album Silent Partner with Havoc is sick!
    Think Alc has been the best hip hop producer of the decade so far, his output has been insane, Havoc does a decent job on the mic and every guest kills it, especially Method Man: https://m.soundcloud.com/babygrande/havoc-x-the-alchemist-buck-50s-bullet-wounds-feat-method-man

• Advertisement

I think Pinata 2 or Bandana as it's to be called is wrapped up already. Madlib said so in a Red Bull academy interview recently.

I'm not sure if I like the Havoc album or not, beats aren't too bad, but Havoc doesn't do it for me anymore.
    But Alc is pretty damn great.

This is a great feature from him, it sounds like an Alc beat as well.

This is pretty effing good

DJ Shadow's new album The Mountain Will Fall is out June 24

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

Danny Brown has a new single out from the new album, cant wait till it drops!

Just dropping in to post that Danny Brown video, it's a beast of a song. I've listened a few times in a row which rarely happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Jesus lads that Danny Brown is just a blur of annoying noise. Not a fan. Danny is an artist that has to grow on ya but that's just a blur. Each to their own though.

Clams has a new album out soon. Not a fan when there's lads like Lil B and the other Cloud Rap lads over his tracks as they obviously ruin the song but the instrumental only tracks rarely disappoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Great story told in this song.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

YG - Still Brazy has leaked for anyone wanting a listen. Liking it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

schizo1014 wrote: »
    YG - Still Brazy has leaked for anyone wanting a listen. Liking it so far
    Don't think it's a leak. It's up on Apple Music and iTunes now. Should be out everywhere tomorrow. Been hearing good things about it nonetheless.

Must check out that YG album, I've heard good things but never properly listened.

But I did listen to the new Apathy album the other day......I have a love hate thing with Apathy, he's great at time, f*cking marvellous at times, but is just too formulaic over an album. 3 verses, 3 hooks and then a few featured artists.
    When I started listening to Handshakes with Snakes, the first song was the same......but then it got great, like really great after that.
    I would recommend this one, head nodders all over it.

New Ep called Wriggle from CLPPNG is excellent

http://clppng.bandcamp.com/album/wriggle

This song is excellent, I'll try to remember to pick up the release when it comes out

http://www.audiomack.com/song/soulspazm/radio-suckas-feat-peedi-crakk-sts-truck-north

• Registered Users Posts: 18 blukyt

Logic and Pusha T have a new joint. It's crazy nice. 'Wrist'
    https: //www. youtube. com/watch?v= F8dsCkSwxlc

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bergmann

Snoop Dogg's "Cool Aid" coming very soon :D looking forward to that one. Anyone else?

Bergmann wrote: »
    Snoop Dogg's "Cool Aid" coming very soon :D looking forward to that one. Anyone else?
    Not really, Snoop doesn't really do it for me anymore :(
    My guess is that he will spell is name in at least 80% of the album tracks though :pac:

• Advertisement

My guess is that he will spell is name in at least 80% of the album tracks though :pac:

Hahaha for sure!

Bergmann wrote: »

I'll give it a chance, with the hopes that he has the right production for it. The Dam-Funk album he put out a few years ago was brilliant, but that may have had more to do with Dam-Funk than Snoop!

I'll give it a chance, with the hopes that he has the right production for it. The Dam-Funk album he put out a few years ago was brilliant, but that may have had more to do with Dam-Funk than Snoop!

Agreed! I hear Whiz Khalifa and Swizz Beats are featuring, definitely has potential...

7 Days of Funk was decent, but I never really was compelled to go back and listen to it. I explored the Dam Funk discography more after it.

Atmosphere have announced a new album called Fishing Blues, here's the track list:

01 - Like A Fire
    02 - Ringo
    03 - Besos
    04 - Pure Evil (feat. I.B.E)
    05 - Perfect
    06 - Seismic Waves
    07 - Next To You (feat. deM atlaS)
    08 - The **** That We’ve Been Through
    09 - When The Lights Go Out (feat. DOOM & Kool Keith)
    10 - No Biggie
    11 - Everything
    12 - Chasing New York (feat. Aesop Rock)
    13 - Sugar
    14 - Fishing Blues (feat. The Grouch)
    15 - Won't Look Back (feat. Kim Manning)
    16 - Anybody That I’ve Known
    17 - Still Be Here
    18 - A Long Hello

Looks like there are some interesting features there.

Here's the first song/video/single

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

New Masta Ace album came out last month called the the falling season

New REKS

Ratking have gone a man down, Hak leaving the group. Bummed about this one, if there was ever a perfect yin yang balance in a group it was him half singing half rapping melodies while Wiki brought straight bars!

http://pigeonsandplanes.com/2016/06/ratking-will-continue-as-a-duo-after-one-member-leaves/

Wiki has started recording a new solo project as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

• Advertisement

YG - Still Brazy is f*cking incredible. What an album.

I've been waiting for a West Coast album like this for years.

Advertisement