Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    YG - Still Brazy is f*cking incredible. What an album.

I've been waiting for a West Coast album like this for years.

I really got excited listening to it on my first few listens, only a few alright tunes on it but the rest is catchy af, its a shame about all the censoring in Fdt though.

Two new Q videos + Tracks of him in the hood

• Boom_Bap wrote: »
    YG - Still Brazy is f*cking incredible. What an album.

I've been waiting for a West Coast album like this for years.

Must look him up, cool

• Played YG's album twice back to back last night.

Loving it, not one back track either

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Yeah, the new YG is a belter alright! The fact he moved away from having DJ Mustard produce 90% of it like his last album did wonders for it. Has that real G Funk feel.

• Advertisement

Top mix from DJ Shadow here, not what I'd expect from him at all!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07h6fqb

• Yeah, the new YG is a belter alright! The fact he moved away from having DJ Mustard produce 90% of it like his last album did wonders for it. Has that real G Funk feel.

Love "**** Donald Trump"

:P

• Can't get this one out of my head. Banger!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 blukyt

Joe Budden just 2 pieced Drake, snuffed Meek and shoved Jay Z. Check out Making A Murderer Part 1

• Advertisement

Just back from Drake's Wake. Thanks to Joe Budden. Finally someone exposing his sneaky ass

I havent heard much off Joe Budden apart from Pump it Up but he just killed everyone on that track!

blukyt wrote: »
    Just back from Drake's Wake. Thanks to Joe Budden. Finally someone exposing his sneaky ass

schizo1014 wrote: »
    I havent heard much off Joe Budden apart from Pump it Up but he just killed everyone on that track!

Joey has one of the best pens in hiphop. Go look at his catalog (Mood Muzik series, Love Lost Series, etc.) and you'll see why Joe is not the type of MC Drake or anyone would wanna take on a lyrical duel.

Joe has battled Jay Z, The whole of G-Unit, Saigon, Ransom, Game, etc.

• blukyt wrote: »
    Joey has one of the best pens in hiphop. Go look at his catalog (Mood Muzik series, Love Lost Series, etc.) and you'll see why Joe is not the type of MC Drake or anyone would wanna take on a lyrical duel.

Out of interest what happened Slaughterhouse?
    The first album was pretty good IMO

blukyt wrote: »

Never been the biggest Budden fan in the world, but his ordinary love **** tracks are absolutely unreal! As far as introspective hip hop goes he's unmatched.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Out of interest what happened Slaughterhouse?
    The first album was pretty good IMO

That album was a bit of a let down for me. But they're apparently working on a new one executive produced by Just Blaze. I'm not sure what the hold up is, but the guys have been doing solo projects. Royce did Prhyme, Trust the Shooter and Layers. Joell Ortiz had the album with !llmind. Crooked I had the album with Statik Selektah. Now Joey is gone put out Rage and the Machine with Araab Muzik.

Joey raised a lot of interesting and relevant points about Drake in that Wake track.

Joe breaks it down to Drake.

My condolences, my condolences
    Whole family in mourning send my condolences
    My condolences, crazy I just spoke to him
    Courtney dropping drinks all in Hooters
    She losin' focus 5hit
    Don't send a text, I don't care y'all mad
    5hit, I waited 5 days nigga where y'all at?
    For real, I'm calling Stunna
    Cause all Summer 16, ain't heard a hot 16 'bout all Summer
    Awareness is high, say attention I'm seeking
    Since I'm reaching, it's offensive they're convinced I'm a demon
    Such a thin disagreement, son my kin for a reason
    Killing you is expected of me, I don't win an achievement
    Somebody pinch me I'm dreaming, take this mental reprievement
    Since I know the nigga, I know this ain't the man that I'm seein'
    I heard it straight from the 'Bama's mouth, he won't pull a hammer out
    Wasn't you at Hov's show scared to pull the camera out?
    I'm seeing habits switch, magic tricks
    You froggy behind that Apple fix
    The passiveness in your manner I might react to it
    Automatic 5hit
    Ratchet kids at your crib that can't even spell Calabasas bitch
    So I take all the guns, load half the clips
    I just notice you run, we mention half of Clipse (Drake scared to respond to Pusha T)
    I'll save that for another time I'll get back to it
    I'm kinda shocked to look at what we've advanced to
    Knew it'd get you dismantled, knew the issues I ran through
    Sick of the scandal, or maybe I just misunderstand you
    I kept it a buck, thought that, that was 5hit you could handle
    You said that you wondered if anything you doin' was brand new, right?
    I got him, no one help, father punch below the belt
    Introspection means dig deep, let's look below the wealth
    I wanna know myself
    How you tell bitches know they self
    When you don't even know yourself?
    You wouldn't know yourself
    Say he Canadian, maybe Asian, Croatian
    Be sounding like his Jamaican friends, depend on what state he in (One day Drake is from Houston, next from Toronto, next from East London, Jamaica then Africa...)
    I think you rap good, but you a movie star
    So that owl's appropriate, we don't know who you are (Drake's strength was vulnerability in his music. He's so shallow now even though the music still sounds good but no substance.)
    Where did the boy's brain change? Was it the club scene?
    Now you sound like you use people and love things
    But later for how you use people and love things
    The entendres that upswing when I call you drug king
    That record contract, leaves a lot to exam
    Never dealt drugs in his life, but sold a lotta gram (Universal, YMCMB, Apple are eating big time off Drake. Graham is his last name)
    That's too much baking soda, good thing my break is over
    They thinking cause my paper lower, this for Rage to blow up
    Or maybe they just woke up
    You leverage your celeb, taking waves over
    That's territorial takeover (He jumps on track with a bit of buzz and takes the credit)
    Maybe he thinks nobody notices
    Gucci wasn't home two seconds before you rode his dick (Track called 'Back on the Road', immediately Gucci got outta jail and there's was excitement around that)
    Bodied Versace flows, copy, that he stole
    Ay dios mio, sorry Migos, adios amigo (Migo's track 'Versace')
    Was that your plot all along?
    Why you ain't do that vid with Fetty but you hopped on the song? (Fetty Wap's track 'My Way')
    No really, we want a Party album
    But you keep stealing all of Party's album
    To go and put it on your party album (PND has been signed to OVO for years with no album out. He's given a lot material to Drake.)
    It's plenty reason to slay you
    Kept going up Tuesday's and now The Weeknd just hates you (Weeknd claims half of 'Take Care' was actually his album.)
    Are you lifeless? Sound like a zombie on the track
    Remember "Started From the Bottom," it was Zombie on the Track
    Know who else started from the bottom? Zombie on the Track
    How come after that joint I don't see Zombie on a track?
    I'm from Jersey, so Zombie I got your back (Mike Zombie is friends with Joe and he made Started From the Bottom, but Drake takes the credit)
    Be alarmed the real is finally back
    Get your guard up now, hope your heart up now
    Battery in him, let's see if he get charged up now
    I'm wake
    I'm wake
    We at the wake

Black Hippy need to drop a project. Pure dick teasing dropping a remix every now and then :pac:

https://www.soundcloud.com/topdawgent/that-part-black-hippy-remix-1

Black Hippy need to drop a project. Pure dick teasing dropping a remix every now and then :pac:

https://www.soundcloud.com/topdawgent/that-part-black-hippy-remix-1

Black Hippy are always refreshing to listing to I think, they all just gel really well its amazing.

Anyone else listening to Schoolboy Qs new album Blank Face which dropped today?

• Advertisement

Blank Face Lp is savage btw its classic Q, its more of a solid hip hop album with no real bangers and some tasty collabs with Kanye obviously, Vince Stables, E-40 and The Dogg Pound

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

schizo1014 wrote: »
    Blank Face Lp is savage btw its classic Q, its more of a solid hip hop album with no real bangers and some tasty collabs with Kanye obviously, Vince Stables, E-40 and The Dogg Pound

Nearly lost my mind when I heard that Playa Hataz sample on Dope Dealer! Metro can't do wrong at the moment

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Looking forward to Blank Face, the bits I've heard have been superb, Q sounds like he's found his lane after skirting in and out of it over the last few years.

His last album had some great moments, but it sounds like things have fallen into place.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Been listening to a bit of trap music lately, 21 Savage - Savage mode...fully Produced by Metro Boomin, probably the biggest waste of beats since Group Home 😂

Maxo Kream - Persona Tape, this is hard as nails! G3, Hit Mane and Out the Front Door are crazy tracks, definitely worth checking out

Gucci Mane - Everybody Looking, banger after banger, the low end on tracks like Pussy Print, Pop Music and 1st Day Out the Feds is incredible, one of the surprises of the year for me so far

Also agree with the comments on YG's album, this is the album I wanted Kendrick to make after Good Kid, ie: rapping from the perspective of the gangster instead of from the individual surrounded by crime over classic West Coast production
    YG has the type of energy hip hop has been missing. Great to see the West Coast killing it again

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This is pretty rad, new track from RZA and the lad from Interpol

Full album due at the end of August

This is excellent from elucid

New track from Mac Miller f/ Anderson .Paak

I like it alot, but it sounds more like Pharrel x Thundercat featuring Anderson .Paak with guest vocals from Mac.

Has anyone listened to the AFRO x POLO EP yet

https://soundcloud.com/allflowsreachout/sets/a-f-r-o-polo-ep-official-audio

I've listened to bits and pieces....but already I'm starting to fall out of love with AFRO. He has fallen into the same trap as RA, too much rappiddy rapping and having the same method of delivering a verse.

I hope this EP is different, but from what I've heard, he id the same.

• horsebox09 wrote: »
    Been listening to a bit of trap music lately, 21 Savage - Savage mode...fully Produced by Metro Boomin, probably the biggest waste of beats since Group Home 😂

Maxo Kream - Persona Tape, this is hard as nails! G3, Hit Mane and Out the Front Door are crazy tracks, definitely worth checking out

Gucci Mane - Everybody Looking, banger after banger, the low end on tracks like Pussy Print, Pop Music and 1st Day Out the Feds is incredible, one of the surprises of the year for me so far

Also agree with the comments on YG's album, this is the album I wanted Kendrick to make after Good Kid, ie: rapping from the perspective of the gangster instead of from the individual surrounded by crime over classic West Coast production
    YG has the type of energy hip hop has been missing. Great to see the West Coast killing it again

Look forward to picking up the guci mane album.
    As for YG....what an album. Best thing I have heard in years IMO

• Advertisement

This is actually decent

New P.O.S single called Wearing A Bear...it's a reference to that DiCaprio movie
    http://p-o-s.bandcamp.com/album/wearing-a-bear-single

Advertisement