Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop 2016

Options

Comments

• Does anyone rate Schoolboy Q? I was thinking of picking up one of his albums but would prefer to start with his best. Any opinions?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Does anyone rate Schoolboy Q? I was thinking of picking up one of his albums but would prefer to start with his best. Any opinions?

Yes and no, I find him hit and miss. His new album is probably the better one although Habits & Contradictions has some gems on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

Does anyone rate Schoolboy Q? I was thinking of picking up one of his albums but would prefer to start with his best. Any opinions?

I'd start with his new album Blank Face and see what you think, Oxymoron is good in parts but every both albums have their fillers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If my maths are correct, there are 3 new TDE albums soon.

Isaiah Rashad - completed and there is an excellent video for the lead single
    Ab Soul - TDE posted earlier that the final mixes are in
    Jay Rock - TDE posted that its 80% done

Vince Staples has announced his new EP Prima Donna is out August 26th, it will have 6 tracks and feature Kilo Kish and A$AP Rocky. His Summertime 06 was unreal so I can't wait for this to drop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Some more new info on the new Danny Brown album came out, drops September 30th and here's the track list.

1. "Downward Spiral"
    2. "Tell Me What I Don't Know"
    3. "Rolling Stone" (featuring Petite Noir)
    4. "Really Doe" (featuring Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul & Earl Sweatshirt)
    5. "Lost"
    6. "Ain't It Funny"
    7. "Goldust"
    8. "White Lines"
    9. "Pneumonia"
    10. "Dance In The Water"
    11. "From The Ground" (featuring Kelela)
    12. "When It Rain"
    13. "Today"
    14. "Get Hi" (featuring B-Real)
    15. "Hell For It"

Yes ****ing please!!

Can't wait for the new DB to drop! Here's a new track while we wait

Mr. Lif and L'Orange announced an album together "The Life & Death of Scenery"

Here's the first jam from it.

https://soundcloud.com/mellomusicgroup/lorange-mr-lif-strange-technology-feat-akrobatik-gonjasufi

I've just been blown away by this

Album Cover

14067664_10153835428032006_9210433952885844365_n.jpg?oh=97f2803128838b7f829d5d66dc6e44f2&oe=583F5DF4&__gda__=1481491709_4b917c08589041eeab1994a7097cb8ff

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭El Duda

New De La Soul out today :D

• Advertisement

Vince Staples EP is out today as well, I'm excited about this one, his last few albums are excellent.

Vince's new EP took me completely by surprise, its a strange one but after a few spins I don't want it to end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

New Young Thug album out. Not a big fan but I'm digging some of the tracks:

My favourite from the album:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Can we plz get an AZ/Alchemist album in the near future?! https://m.soundcloud.com/asap12vy/motivation-ft-dah-az#t=0:00

Giving Ka's new album "Honor Killed the Samurai" a spin now, he seems to be getting better with every release
    definitely something ye need to be in the mood to listen to as his delivery is so monotone, he's a super lyricist though, production has that throwback NY vibe/atmosphere, this will get plenty of play over the winter

Looking forward to hearing that Ka album, he's excellent. He's also gotten in a spot of bother recently where it's been revealed his day job is a firefighter and people the NY Times is up in arms that he is a gritty rapper as well.

Vince Staples is the best thing I've heard in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Anyone here watching the Get Down? It's about a rap crew in the Bronx in the late 70s. Grandmaster Flash and Kool Herc are involved in the story. It explains a lot about their techniques and it's a look into the early years of hip hop. Nas, Grandmaster Flash and Kurtis Blow were all involved in developing the show.

There's a show coming out called Atlanta which is being developed by Donald Glover/Childish Gambino. It's supposed to be about two guys trying to make it in the Atlanta rap scene but I imagine with more of a comedy feel compared to the Get Down. Anyone know more about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Anyone here watching the Get Down? It's about a rap crew in the Bronx in the late 70s. Grandmaster Flash and Kool Herc are involved in the story. It explains a lot about their techniques and it's a look into the early years of hip hop. Nas, Grandmaster Flash and Kurtis Blow were all involved in developing the show.

There's a show coming out called Atlanta which is being developed by Donald Glover/Childish Gambino. It's supposed to be about two guys trying to make it in the Atlanta rap scene but I imagine with more of a comedy feel compared to the Get Down. Anyone know more about it?

I have the Get Down on the list to watch, loads to get through before I start it.
    Atlanta looks like it's going to be great, but there isn't too much being released about it. Strong cast in it.

New track from Thurz

https://soundcloud.com/thurz/westside-bonita-clean

There was also a new 4 minute promo for Atlanta relesaed yesterday, but not accesible from Ireland yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    There was also a new 4 minute promo for Atlanta relesaed yesterday, but not accesible from Ireland yet.

Really nice camera work, gives an idea of the atmosphere of the show without giving too much away. It has more of that reversed backwards movement from the earlier trailers, so it must be in the final show too. I can't wait for it anyway, and it looks like there might be an album release soon too. There's a camping event/"music experience" this weekend, promising new music.

https://www.youpak.com/watch?v=4UEcNkhkYPI

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's a camping event where he will be performing the new album start to finish in a few different settings as I understand.

• Has anyone listened to any of YGs mixtapes?
    Or the album - Blame It On the Streets
    Looking for some feedback

Has anyone listened to any of YGs mixtapes?
    Or the album - Blame It On the Streets
    Looking for some feedback

I've heard bits and pieces, but nothing compares to his most recent one.

New Isaiah Rashad album is bloody excellent.

Here's a write up on the Childish Gambino Pharos Experience thing

http://www.hiphopdx.com/editorials/id.3436/title.6-reasons-childish-gambinos-pharos-experience-is-the-most-innovative-live-show-this-decade

Looks like it was awesome....and no phones beig held in the air blocking everyones view :cool:

New album from Sims is on the way, here's the first rather good song from it.

https://soundcloud.com/simsdoomtree

Zach De La Rocha over an El-P beat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭b.gud

Really liking this album from Quadry

https://soundcloud.com/quad-6/sets/america-me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

• Advertisement

Ohhh!!

Advertisement