Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Classic TV Series Batcave

Options

Comments

I seen this on facebook yesterday. I was pondering the idea of getting it but those pictures make it look like a must have! Can't wait for next month! I'll have to get 6860 to complete the collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I seen this on facebook yesterday. I was pondering the idea of getting it but those pictures make it look like a must have! Can't wait for next month! I'll have to get 6860 to complete the collection.

I've been banging on about Lego really getting aggressive this year with the pricing for the adult targeted sets and the rumours seem to be confirming that. 270 dollars is the rumoured price.

Sure there's the usual modular release and we'll have a UCS Star Wars set again, but things seem to be going into over drive. We've already had the Ghostbusters firehouse which is 350 dollars. Technic is breaking price barriers with an ultimate set that's around 400. There's the new Death Star that's meant to be more expensive than the last one. And I think we can expect a few more.

I wouldn't mind this set, lots of nostalgia for the classic show. Probably my first introduction to superheroes. Loved it as small fella on Saturday morning in the 80s. Wont go near it though. Now, if only the released the bat mobile by itself.

I've been banging on about Lego really getting aggressive this year with the pricing for the adult targeted sets and the rumours seem to be confirming that. 270 dollars is the rumoured price.

Sure there's the usual modular release and we'll have a UCS Star Wars set again, but things seem to be going into over drive. We've already had the Ghostbusters firehouse which is 350 dollars. Technic is breaking price barriers with an ultimate set that's around 400. There's the new Death Star that's meant to be more expensive than the last one. A few more.

I wouldn't mind this set, lots of nostalgia for the classic show. Probably my first introduction to superheroes. Loved it as small fella on Saturday morning in the 80s. Wont go near it though. Now, if only the released the bat mobile by itself.

The brick show or the brick fan (can't remember which) had it at between $120-$200. If it's more than that I'm not too sure if I'll bother. I hated the TV show as a kid (I was far more into the animated series).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,156 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I love the look of the SDCC 2103 Batmobile, regretting not buying it when it was semi crazy money, now it's gone through the roof, looks like a easy enough build and i'd say i've most of the parts to build it myself. Need the windows and the Long black front wings if anyone knows a cheap set there off..

tumblr_inline_n972wpFMvj1r7h16t.jpg

Those 2 minifigs go for silly money. Is it the back wings your looking for?

• Advertisement

The ones at the front, I definitely know I don't have them. I'll have to have a look and see what parts are needed for it.

Found it, now to go rooting http://www.neoape.com/lego-batman-classic-tv-series-batmobile-instructions/

I defo don't have them either. It only comes in 7 sets apparently

http://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-4529155

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The brick show or the brick fan (can't remember which) had it at between $120-$200. If it's more than that I'm not too sure if I'll bother. I hated the TV show as a kid (I was far more into the animated series).

Rumours were correct. 270 dollars. dafuq. I'd say same as the Germans for us ie 250 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Rumours were correct. 270 dollars. dafuq. I'd say same as the Germans for us ie 250 euro

Its 2500 pieces so it is substantial. I wonder how it compares in prices to other sets of similar monies.

• Advertisement

Considering that little batman set I linked to is going for north of €1000 now it's a bargain.

It's not cavey enough for me, probably just build the batcar myself. I really hope the technic ip car this year is the batcar, would take technic into a whole new realm.

€259.99 according to Lego.com, was hoping to pick it up next month but it'll have to go on the back burner now. Also looks less impressive in some of the official pics so I'm gonna wait until the brick show do their video review before I decide for sure.

It's not cavey enough for me, probably just build the batcar myself. I really hope the technic ip car this year is the batcar, would take technic into a whole new realm.

"Not cavey enough", I know the feeling.

When did lego turn into Airfix, where you have to follow the instructions to make a replica of the thing on the box?

I'd love to build a dark knight or Batman:Animated series bat cave with lots of black and grey. Not lots of red from the 60's spoof of a show.

Something like this, got that good cavey feel to it..
    181rsq9txno2rjpg.jpg

LEGO-Bat-Cave-Wayne-Hussey-Carlyle-Livingston-5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,202 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

How many thousand pieces are in that display though?!

EDIT: Over 20,000! Link: http://io9.gizmodo.com/5950747/this-batcave-made-of-20000-lego-bricks-is-fit-for-bruce-wayne

Something like this, got that good cavey feel to it..
    181rsq9txno2rjpg.jpg

LEGO-Bat-Cave-Wayne-Hussey-Carlyle-Livingston-5.jpg

Now thats what Im talking about.

Advertisement