Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else using IE11 on Windows Phone 8.1 noticing this problem with the touch site

• 07-01-2016 12:50am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I set up a thread on the site development forum here but looking to see if anyone else is having the same issue. Here's the post.
    I'm using IE11 on Windows Phone 8.1. On the touch site whenever I tap somewhere on the top blue bar (the area above the search bar) that isn't one of the other three icon (boards logo, forums menu button or user account button), it registers as me tapping the create post button on the top right of the screen. This doesn't seem to happen on any other website or app I try it on so it doesn't seem to be an issue with my touch screen.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Yep happened to me all the time on WP

I even considered asking for the removal of said button as I thought (In addition to being bloody annoying) it would only lead to a lot of posts going in the wrong places but decided against it.

Doesn't happen on the android phone I upgraded to though :)

Edit: I'm almost positive it happens with other browsers i installed on WP but can't remember.

Also to add, it happened when I was pressing the boards logo

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

GAAman wrote: »
    Yep happened to me all the time on WP

I even considered asking for the removal of said button as I thought (In addition to being bloody annoying) it would only lead to a lot of posts going in the wrong places but decided against it.

Doesn't happen on the android phone I upgraded to though :)

Edit: I'm almost positive it happens with other browsers i installed on WP but can't remember.

Also to add, it happened when I was pressing the boards logo

It's been driving me daft the past couple of days. Using a 5 inch phone with your right hand means it's difficult to hit the boards logo and most of the time I'd hit just to the right of it and trigger the create post button. A bigger hit box for those buttons/icons would be a decent solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

This was happening at least a year ago for me. I remember installing maxthon browser but can't honestly remember if it sorted it or not.

Isn't Dav getting rid of the touch site soon anyway? Might not have to suffer it too much longer :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

GAAman wrote: »
    This was happening at least a year ago for me. I remember installing maxthon browser but can't honestly remember if it sorted it or not.

Isn't Dav getting rid of the touch site soon anyway? Might not have to suffer it too much longer :pac:

Yeah but it's being replaced by the beta site which unless it gets a drastic overhaul is going to be terrible.

Advertisement