Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Photographer Issues

Options
  • 07-01-2016 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has ever had any problems with a photographer, as my wife and I are having some serious issues from last year and are now considering going down the legal route to get this sorted.

We have met with the photographer on numerous occasions and they continuously does not do any of what we request despite saying they will, we currently have our album done but basic editing stuff hasn't been done and there are several mistakes in the album which they says they are not responsible for.
    On top of this, part of the album is already coming apart.

At this moment we are in the middle of more email conversations and are just going round in circles tbh.

If we don't have this sorted would it be an option to go and try and get our money back or are we fecked?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If the cost was less than €2500 then the small claims court would be an option. You could send a final registered letter to the photographer giving them x days to resolve the issue, or else you'll be going to the SCC. It only costs €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Might be worth posting in the Weddings forum to see if anyone has similar issues with same supplier?
    Careful what you say just in case...

Toots (mod there) could advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Thanks lads, will give it another few days and see but its going on for months now.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You're welcome to post over in the weddings forum, however if you're thinking of going legal with it, don't name names. Have a search through the forum though, cos there are a few photographers who have been discussed by posters having trouble getting stuff from them. If yours is one of them at least you'll have an idea of what you're dealing with. If you want to post a thread and name the photographer, would you mind just dropping me a PM first so I can check if it's ok to post? Hope you get sorted.

Advertisement