Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Supply

Options
  • 07-01-2016 3:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hey,

Straight to the point. I'm planning on getting a 980ti.
    The question is what power supply (in watts) will I need to have, to be able to power the card and the rest off my build.

Here's a list of things that I think use some amount off power and important to be listed

My Build
    Intel Xeon E3 1230v2
    Samsung 840evo 120GB
    WD Caviar Blue 1TB x2
    8GB DDR3 G Skill RipJaw x1
    4 Fans Inside the case

I currently running a power supply with 450w, and I think that won't cut it, to run the 980ti on my system.

Also if anyone wants to recommend me a power supply to buy, please do link it.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

450w would be cutting it incredibly close and would be likely pushing the PSU.

A decent 550w unit would be plenty. What's the budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Androidable

450w would be cutting it incredibly close and would be likely pushing the PSU.

A decent 550w unit would be plenty. What's the budget?

That's what I was thinking to myself about 450w.

550w okay that's nice. Budget for power supply would be around €80, Lower would be better, but if few quid more I still be okay with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Pick up the modular Be Quiet Pure Power 8 550W for about €68. Nice and quite with some modular cables.

Advertisement