Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weapons training

• 07-01-2016 7:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I'm wondering if you can help me. I've a friend in north Dublin (Finglas area) who is looking for a martial art that focus's on weapons training, none came to mind personally so I said I'd ask here. Would there be anything in that general area that fits the bill?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

What type of weapons?

From my knowledge of the area there is only Taekwon-Do in Plunketts, Shotokan and WTF Olympic Taekwon-Do in St Helena's and Kickboxing in Glasnevin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Western weapons training up in ballymun/santry..sword and buckler etc I think

More options in city centre than there is northside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Bambi wrote: »
    Western weapons training up in ballymun/santry..sword and buckler etc I think

More options in city centre than there is northside
    yomchi wrote: »
    What type of weapons?

From my knowledge of the area there is only Taekwon-Do in Plunketts, Shotokan and WTF Olympic Taekwon-Do in St Helena's and Kickboxing in Glasnevin

Cheers for the replies guys, hes looking for something along the lines of staff and or sword if possible, seems that area there isnt much, what about the greater dublin area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

projectgtr wrote: »
    Cheers for the replies guys, hes looking for something along the lines of staff and or sword if possible, seems that area there isnt much, what about the greater dublin area?

https://www.facebook.com/Katori.Dublin/?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭KathleenMcCabe

Weapons training - mostly machete/short sword in Scoil Bhríde Boys across from the Bell pub in Blanch Sundays 1-2pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Koden_Jujutsu

projectgtr wrote: »
    Hi guys I'm wondering if you can help me. I've a friend in north Dublin (Finglas area) who is looking for a martial art that focus's on weapons training, none came to mind personally so I said I'd ask here. Would there be anything in that general area that fits the bill?

Thanks in advance

Our curriculum includes Japanese staff and sword arts. We are in Glasnevin. Follow us on FB/NipponKodenJujutsu.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nathan G

We are a western martial arts school based in Dublin city. We train every Friday night and Saturday.

Offering training in Medieval and Renaissance swordsmanship.

Physical fitness and conditioning
    Kickboxing and gutter boxing
    Side sword
    Side sword and rotella (round shield)
    Side sword and buckler
    Dagger
    Longsword
    Montate
    Pole arms: Staff, spear, Pole axe

Pm me for details!

Advertisement