Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 6 on Three Ireland. Internet problem.

• 07-01-2016 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'll post this elsewhere but no harm letting the clever folk make a judgement. Set up a collleagues 6 back in Sept. Restored from 5S backup - all good. Recently he tole me he was experiencing problems with internet. As it happens, 90% of the time he would be in wifi coverage and Internet is fine. However, no joy when off wifi. Tried the following:

Called Three to ensure Internet is active on the account.
    They also reset his profile. No joy.
    Hard reset.
    Reset network settings.
    Reset all settings.
    Checked and verified all APN info is correct.
    None of the above worked

Erased all settings and restored from most recent backup. No joy.
    Erased and restored from last 5S backup. No joy.
    Deleted ALL non stock apps from both 6 and 5S backup (suspecting a conflict). No joy.
    Erase and set up as New Iphone. Works perfectly.
    Erase and restore from backup again. No joy.
    SIM card works fine in my IP6, no issues, so definitely not a card or provider issue.

So, to summarise, only way I can get the internet to function off wifi is to Setup up as new phone. Not ideal, as messages, and some important app data will be lost.

Any ideas ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

It appears the back up must still have the deleted app's footprint and even though it's deleted there's enough of it in the back up to mess things up still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

naasrd wrote: »
    It appears the back up must still have the deleted app's footprint and even though it's deleted there's enough of it in the back up to mess things up still.
    Original 5s backup ( which worked when we set the 6 up initially ) was tried. No joy. Anyway, he's happy enough to lose the few bits and start fresh so full restore and setup as new. Back in action.

Advertisement