Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much study?

Options
  • 07-01-2016 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

I am repeating my leaving cert irish and just wondering how much hours study roughly should I be doing per week? I have completely forgotten how to study as it's been nine years since my leaving cert.

and good luck to all the others doing their LC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 shluachra

I don't know. I suppose if you consider that students in school studying 7 subjects will be in school for 6 hours a day and maybe studying for another 3 hours when they come home. That's 9 hours a day. Plus say 15 hours study at the weekend gives 60 hours in the week. I guess students study for 40 weeks per year so that's 80 weeks for the leaving cert. That's 4,800 hours total work for the leaving cert.

Most students focus on 6 subjects so say 800 hours per subject for the leaving cert. So if you have done nothing so far and it's 20 or so weeks to the leaving cert, then that's 40 hours per week for Irish. Of course, if you have been studying, then it's a lot less.

Best thing to do is construct a timetable from here to June and you will be able to see where you are in terms of hours required. Say 'I have to learn 2 sraith a week for the next 10 weeks' etc

Best of luck :)

Advertisement