Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning in September 2016-is it realistic

Options
  • 07-01-2016 12:25pm

OK, here's my situation.

I did a HND in Mech Engineering some years ago now, and while I tried for the Level 7 Ord. Degree in Manufacturing Eng, I basically ran out of cash and had to leave some of the fees unpaid & work. I worked for 7 years outside manufacturing, was abroad for a few months, returned to a six month manufacturing job & I'm currently looking for my next one (prospects are good so far.) How realistic is it for me to aim to return to my previous college to complete a Level 7 degree in Mechanical Engineering (similar to my previous, but it is a different course) in 2016? How about 2017? And if I aimed to return to it full time, how much would it cost?

(For people about to talk to me about part time, thank you, but not what I'm asking. I am examining that option too, but I want to go into detail about what it would take to return for 9 months full time, given that I would save up beforehand, and work a weekend shift in a production role on term. The weekend work & study would both complement each other, so to speak.)

Oh, and just to add, according to the old college (after checking their online payment system) the amount outstanding on my college owed is still there. I've no problem with paying that off.

Advertisement