Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Build commenced - completion work is in progress

Options
  • 07-01-2016 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi,

I am about to sign a contract with a wireless broadband provider and have just noticed that the status of my local exchange has changed recently to "Fibre Build commenced - completion work is in progress".

I would much prefer a contract with a fibre broadband provider and would be grateful to know roughly how long after the status has changed it will be until fibre broadband is available. I can provide the ref for the local exchange if it will help give more detailed information.

Comments

I wouldn't hold your breath, we were supposed to have Fibre in May 2015, still not connected, Cabinet installed 3-4 months ago, ESB connected about 8-9 weeks ago and status gone from available within 6 weeks to available within 6 months. 

One cabinet is live in the village around 6 months. 

To say I am furious is an understatement because the 6ms/s DSL I have now is slower than the 3mb/s I had installed 10 years ago.

One company is a huge problem, wireless providers are usually a joke and charge you a fortune for tiny download limits and some scammers like Digiweb add your upload and download and count that towards your total bandwidth allowance, disgraceful !

4G is useless because mobile providers only allow silly download limits, if they only saw the potential for people to get away from Eir, or any service that uses Eir lines. 

4G is another scam anyway, poor coverage, tiny download limits, witht he exception of three but their coverage is a laugh and 4G provides far below the 100 mb/s we were promised. Three promising 150 mb/s usual story, the companies benefit the consumer looses !

I'm sick of it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

JimFin wrote: »
    Hi,

I am about to sign a contract with a wireless broadband provider and have just noticed that the status of my local exchange has changed recently to "Fibre Build commenced - completion work is in progress".

I would much prefer a contract with a fibre broadband provider and would be grateful to know roughly how long after the status has changed it will be until fibre broadband is available. I can provide the ref for the local exchange if it will help give more detailed information.
    Hi JImFin

Please PM me your address and I will look in to this for you in detail

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement