Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity costs

Options
  • 07-01-2016 1:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have been very lazy as regards my electricity costs, but with 2 young children I need to start saving some money somewhere.

Im currently with electric Ireland and my bill just in was 270.

Main uses are dishwasher, washing machine, having teh heating on (oil boiler) heating system being turned on and more so at this time of year the bloody dryer (its on the whole feck1n time)

Im based in Galway in a decent sized town.

Is there any company that would suit my needs better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Hi

I have been very lazy as regards my electricity costs, but with 2 young children I need to start saving some money somewhere.

Im currently with electric Ireland and my bill just in was 270.

Main uses are dishwasher, washing machine, having teh heating on (oil boiler) heating system being turned on and more so at this time of year the bloody dryer (its on the whole feck1n time)

Im based in Galway in a decent sized town.

Is there any company that would suit my needs better.

Have a look at this:
    http://www.bonkers.ie/compare-gas-electricity-prices/electricity/

Just remember anything that produces heat uses a lot of electricity. The boiler probably doesn't because electricity is not used to produce the heat but all of the other appliances do.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

As Aido says, have a look at Bonkers.ie, there are definitely better options out there, even ones with sign on bonuses. I recently switched to a differentfor my electricity, already seeing some saving with the sign on bonus taken into account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

Thanks all. Is there any such thing as a dodgy / bad rep / stay away from electricity company ?

I have no idea as to the reputation of electricity companies.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Thanks all. Is there any such thing as a dodgy / bad rep / stay away from electricity company ?

The "product" is identical. All you should focus on is getting the best price IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Would you consider putting your children up for adoption?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Would you consider putting your children up for adoption?

A tad off topic, but at times I would, yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

The dryer been on all the time is going to drive your bill through the roof. If your using it every day or most days or even more than once a day that alone may contribute to €15 - €20 of your bill per week.

But trying to get stuff dry in this weather is a nightmare.

Advertisement