Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

February Intake

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Jordan1010 wrote: »
    Hey guys I assume the dress code for the induction weekend Is smart?

Business smart mate, suit and tie, or the equivalent for ladies. Heard stories of folks walking up in jeans and a shirt and the whole squad end up doing a show parade first thing on intake Sunday because of it lol. Uniformed discipline from now onwards, our old lives are long behind us now haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jordan1010

Business smart mate, suit and tie, or the equivalent for ladies. Heard stories of folks walking up in jeans and a shirt and the whole squad end up doing a show parade first thing on intake Sunday because of it lol. Uniformed discipline from now onwards, our old lives are long behind us now haha.

Sorry just read it in the book couldn't see it before. Haha oh dear even if I wasn't sure Id play it safe and over dress rather than underdress. Are u looking forward to the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Sorry just read it in the book couldn't see it before. Haha oh dear even if I wasn't sure Id play it safe and over dress rather than underdress. Are u looking forward to the weekend

Yeah mate can't wait for it, can imagine at the uniform fitting how real it's gonna feel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Seen all the uniforms sitting in the hall you'll be doing the fittings in today haha! Doesn't seem so long ago it was us, your so busy time flies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    Seen all the uniforms sitting in the hall you'll be doing the fittings in today haha! Doesn't seem so long ago it was us, your so busy time flies.

During hours of training what uniform do you wear? Green trousers and jacket, shirt and tie and boots?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

WannabePC wrote: »
    During hours of training what uniform do you wear? Green trousers and jacket, shirt and tie and boots?

Depends what you're doing. If you're doing a practical assessment you wear the full works. Gun belt and body armour too. It it's just normal classroom work then boots, trousers, shirts and tie. If it's cold you'll wear softshells.

Has anyone whose doing induction been able to get through to someone to give details of the guest your bringing?? I've been trying all week can't get anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Has anyone whose doing induction been able to get through to someone to give details of the guest your bringing?? I've been trying all week can't get anyone

Should edit your post buddy, to take out any indication of when the induction is.

Thank u pretty new to this so not sure what's allowed and what's not :/

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Thank u pretty new to this so not sure what's allowed and what's not :/

It's no problem, I've seen loads of people do it, it's just better to be over cautious.

I probably post a lot a stuff that wasn't allowed when first joined lol.

Goodluck with your induction.

• Advertisement

It's no problem, I've seen loads of people do it, it's just better to be over cautious.

I probably post a lot a stuff that wasn't allowed when first joined lol.

Goodluck with your induction.

Yea your right thanks for the heads up. Don't wanna get in trouble before I've even started lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Hey everyone, well done getting the call. Looking forward to seeing all you new guys really soon, and honestly it's not as bad as everyone makes out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Derob wrote: »
    Hey everyone, well done getting the call. Looking forward to seeing all you new guys really soon, and honestly it's not as bad as everyone makes out :)

I'll hold you to that buddy! :D

Advertisement